• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Animals you want to keep in the future?

Try rats they are so adorable & intelligent.

Rats are great! I had 3 at one point although as with the chinchillas, I dont have the amount of space anymore that i'd want to dedicate to them. If we ever manage to move though, rats are definitely another i'd want to keep again :)

You can't just keep 1 duck. You need at least a trio of ducks. 1 male and 2 females. My late Mum had Indian Runners and they were so funny. They were Nelson, Daisy and Gert and we had them from ducklings. Nelson imprinted on us and whenever he saw us he would quack loudly and run to us wings flapping and then walk inbetween our legs getting muddy beak all over the inside of any trousers or legs just at knee height.

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? Well I already have dogs, cats, guinea pigs, fish, I've had birds...to be honest I would LOVE to have a rabbit or mini horse however I cannot provide proper care at the moment for either, but they are just the cutest things!

It is my dream to buy a cottage in rural France, with a wee bit of land and some outbuildings. My piggies would have a fabulous outdoor/indoor living set up, I would keep chickens, a goat or two, a dog for company and to keep me fit, and I would love to have a Shetland pony and a donkey...... I WILL do this someday - as soon as I can afford to retire.

I’ve had a lot of different pets in the past, dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, mice, fish, budgies, love birds, a parrot (he’s my brothers and still around), rabbits...
I’d love to have rabbits again to be honest. Others I’d like to have are chinchillas, sugar gliders, ducks, chipmunks, squirrels and hedgehogs although I’m not actually sure if you can own squirrels and chipmunks?

My late Mum had hens and ducks. The ducks were the best. They were Indian Runners and so comical.

A rabbit, have had about 4 (including a giant rabbit) and would love to own them again! I don’t think I’ll ever stop having piggies as pets though, they’re amazing! I have a giant soft spot for animals, so who knows what animals I’ll have in the future...
And if possible, definitely a couple horses!

I would like a dog someday (I grew up with them, but my husband and I have never had one.) The biggest hurdle is my dad... he lets us visit his cottage in the summer but will not allows dogs in the cottage (it's a nice cabin), so if we want to the use the cottage we would have to pay to board the dog. But really my first love have always been rodents... I plan to keep on having guinea pigs and hamsters. I would love another hedgehog, but my husband says no... our last hedgehog was a rescue who never warmed up to us at all and I think she ruined him for all hedgehogs!

I'm a sucker for rodents, and I definitely plan on having gerbils and hamsters again. (Apart from twenty other piggies, of course.) Chinchillas are cute, but I'm afraid they'd be very stressed out where I live - too hot and too noisy.

In my wildest dreams, I'd also keep horses. Although I live in a city well-known for its country businesses, I don't live in or have access to a farm, nor do I have enough money to keep one, so that'll remain a dream. ;_;

Also, a hedgehog! Very curious about them.

There are many animals I like, but I guess these are my favorites. And dogs. I've always had them and don't plan to stop.

Back