• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Another how many pigs question. (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggypig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know you get a few of these threads :red. But how many pigs is a 4x4ft play house with a second level of 4x2ft suitable for? A run would be attached for use in the warmer months and a separate run for grazing time.

You can get up to 4-5 piggies in there very comfortably, 6 piggies max if you want to cram in as many as the recommended minimum space allows.

However, if you want more than 2 boys, you will have to look for girls, with no more than one neutered boar. Please make sure that the play house is suitably protected against dampness, cold, heat etc.

Last edited:
4 girls, or 1 neutered boar and 3 girls. Or 2 boars. Or 4 boars( if you already have them and their bonded).

I'd go 4 girls or sow/neutered boar combo. 4x4 is the same as 6x2 and when I had 4 girls in my 6x2 it did look a tiny bit cramped (hence not having 4 in there anymore) but because you're going to have the extra run space that should be a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back