• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anthropomorphism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

His Pig Friday

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
... or, attributing human characteristics or behaviours to animals or inanimate objects.

I'm a real sucker for this. In our house we have a very silly ongoing story about our guinea pigs, Hildy and Bean; at night when we're asleep they put on helicopter hats (those hats with the spinny things on top) and they go out to work flying around delivering peoples take away meals.

We discuss the adventures they get up to quite a lot. Are we totally weird?

:hmm:

Haha love this thread. We are the same. I talk to all my animals, and with our dog, well, anyone who heard us would swear she is a human!! :)

I love this :) It is what makes us human :))

I can picture them in their little helicopter hats. Speaking of your piggies, it's about time we had some photos to :drool: over

We're definitely guilty of this in our house. Harry is so laid back and peed-off looking, we always pretend (at least we hope we're pretending) that he only tolerates us because he doesn't have a computer, credit card or any means of ordering his weekly veggie supply from Sainsbury's himself.

Lloyd, on the other hand, is a complete fusspot that never sits still, so we reckon he's like Will Ferrell in Elf, particularly when he starts bouncing around at Harry, clearly begging for attention.

Lloyd: "Hey, Harry. Whatcha do today? Did you eat some hay? Try the new pellets? Do you like red peppers? I love red peppers, but can take or leave the green ones... Who am I kidding, I LOVE THEM ALL!"

I never knew there was a name for this or that other people did it apart from me ! I have always done this. I could give human emotions to a stick !:D

I love the idea of guinea pigs delivering takeaways! So sweet! If you're weird, then so are we - we often make up guinea pig adventures! Though I shouldn't say "make up" - they really and truly do get up to all sorts of things you know! It's amazing what those little animals can do when our backs are turned...

Do Hildy and Bean get up to other stuff when they're not busy delivering biryanis?

Ha ha, I'll see what I can rustle up, @sport_billy ,

Well, @Katherine , actually they are quite busy ladies! Bean is a very successful grime / dub step producer; we hear her tracks on the radio quite a lot, Giles Peterson is a fan. Hildy doesn't always approve as the lyrics can be a bit rude. But she does help out sometimes; when Bean needs a really heavy bassline she gets her mic out and records Hildy kicking a big drum with her hind leg :-)

Ha ha, I'll see what I can rustle up, @sport_billy ,

Well, @Katherine , actually they are quite busy ladies! Bean is a very successful grime / dub step producer; we hear her tracks on the radio quite a lot, Giles Peterson is a fan. Hildy doesn't always approve as the lyrics can be a bit rude. But she does help out sometimes; when Bean needs a really heavy bassline she gets her mic out and records Hildy kicking a big drum with her hind leg :-)

That's conjured up some wonderful mental images, especially the drum kicking!

I'd be surprised if Hildy and Bean have time for anything else, (although you never know!) especially with all the serious eating a guinea pig's got to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back