• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any species of Hamster

I have two spare cages in the loft and really want a hamster to live in one of those cages but hubby says no :(
I have to say that I adore my hamster (a Winter White) and he is by far our easiest, cleanest and quietest pet!
My DH was not sure at first (he said we already have enough animals which is technically true), but now he admits that Raisin is no trouble and actually quite cute.

IMG_0979.jpg

I have the opposite problem, the wife keeps wanting more animals, il accept it when one passes away after a few weeks. But she wants more and more, she pays most of the vet bills i do the clean outs, food and i pay for the car maintenance, which I'm very happy about today because my 20 year old car has got through the mot with 1 advisory 😁

Check out the Mamba 100 cage on Amazon. It's enormous, I don't know how much it costs now, but it was about £70 three yrs back. With the space you can build your own shelves, it's too small for anything other a Syrian. Make your substrate really deep, incase they are climbers, nice soft landing.

Check out the Mamba 100 cage on Amazon. It's enormous, I don't know how much it costs now, but it was about £70 three yrs back. With the space you can build your own shelves, it's too small for anything other a Syrian. Make your substrate really deep, incase they are climbers, nice soft landing.
Looks nice and big but i think id rather not get different pet and just extend the guinea pigs home😁

Here's the thing with that cage you could do.

You can move that shelf up alot higher and the way the bars are fully support it if you move it up a level. I have done it for my gerbils.

Remove the ladder and build tubes upto the next level.
Also you could put something over the level so they have a soild surface to walk on.

They should get all there exercise from a wheel. One will fit if you get one that be fitted to the bars.

And if given the option Syrians love to tunnle. That would also tire them out abit.

There is also alot of options like a hanging climbing toys ect. And possibly a wood perch.

That's just my 2 cents

We have a dwarf and a Syrian right now... our Syrian, Carmen Sandiego, is a sweetheart. Our previous Syrian was really nice too. Our dwarf, Eevee, is cute, but man is she ever aggressive! Syrians prefer to be on their own and I have heard that dwarfs can live with siblings, but honestly I would be terrified to let Eevee near anything else. She is ridiculously territorial and aggressively goes after anything that comes into her cage, even though she's quite an old lady now. We thought she would mellow, but I think she has just gotten more crochety with age!

Back