• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any water bottle reccommendations?

Popcorn bby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! We have two water bottles in my piggies' cage, one that never drips, and one that drips and constantly wets about 1/5 of their cage. They very very rarely ever drink from the one that doesn't drip, and only like the one that does. My piggies, especially one, have taken a liking for laying down on the soaked fleece, and taking their naps there. I do not know if this would be of any harm to them (although from experience wet bedding w direct AC is an absolute no-no, which is why we changed the direction of the AC), but even if it isn't a water bottle that wouldn't be too much effort to drink out of but that doesn't drip like crazy would be ideal. Anyone know of good brands for this?

Oh my! That sounds a lot like my Oreo! She never drinks out of the one that doesn’t drip. She also likes to lay down on the wet bedding.
I recommend sippy cups because 1, they are pretty easy to drink out of. When I got Oreo the sippy cup, she loved it! But keep in mind that not all guinea pigs like those kind

Oh my! That sounds a lot like my Oreo! She never drinks out of the one that doesn’t drip. She also likes to lay down on the wet bedding.
I recommend sippy cups because 1, they are pretty easy to drink out of. When I got Oreo the sippy cup, she loved it! But keep in mind that not all guinea pigs like those kind
Interesting, never heard of using sippy cups before! I'll look into it :))

Mine have the Classic bottles. There are 4 on the hutch and 2 on the run as long as you make sure they're upright they don't leak.

Hi guys. I’m new here, but I’ve been keeping guinea pigs for years and in that time I’ve tried all possible ways of providing fresh water. I have found the one for me and my boys.. the “savic source” water bottle does not leak (apart from when the are actually drinking when they can make quite a mess) it doesn’t leak in transit and I found the most brilliant thing is they are easy to clean and because there is no “backwash” the water in the bottle stays crystal clear! As if In a sealed mineral water bottle.
Because it’s valve is not dependent on vacuum these bottles can be re-filled while still attached to the cage or run.

Attachments

• 5A54D24C-0063-4DDA-8E9E-8FDFC3D0E412.jpeg
    5A54D24C-0063-4DDA-8E9E-8FDFC3D0E412.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 5
Back