• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anybody Know Any Fabric Websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squigglies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been looking on the internet at some fabric websites. Can anybody recommended anywhere which have nice fabrics at good (cheap as possible!) Prices.Looking more for bundles/fat quartets.
I find sometimes other people know websites that get lost amongst the main ones that come up on search. Thanks

Have you tried ebay? Sometimes you can find the websites of ebay sellers as well after finding them on there.

I use KBT Fabrics for photography backdrops. They have everything there from fire retardant to fleeces. Very reasonable prices and can buy in bulk by the roll.

When buying fabrics to use for bedding, I have been going to Plush Addicts.co.uk. They sell fleeces and Zorb. They may not be very cheap but they do fat quarters and delivery is within one or two days.

Oh crumbs I'm not that talented @7squeakers Lol. it's for bunting and little things.

Do you have a local market or sewing shops? I know sometimes our market stalls sell odds and ends of left overs cheaper

As I've grown up our market has dwindled to only a few stalls. Veg, flowers and jackets! We do have a small fabric shop but doesn't have much of a variety. I will pop along there tomorrow and have another look.

Trying to describe a fat quarter is tricky. Maybe google it. Its basically cut different to give a better area and pattern to work with. Good for patchwork. There are so many nice bundles though!

I have used a website called Minerva crafts. They have a good choice of fabrics. And quick delivery.

http://abakhan.co.uk/ also I have found this one previously. Not ordered anything yet though. But the "quilters packs" look like they would do for bunting.

Might be worth trying freecycle or freegle and posting a wanted ad. You'd be surprised what people have lying around that someone else could use. We have a local sewer who runs workshops and I occasionally see her offering bits and pieces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back