• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone else's pig keep tipping up the food bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Honey seems to hate eating pellets out of the food bowl and tips it up every day on purpose. Am yet to catch her in the act but I hear a clatter turn round and she is eating pellets off the floor. MAD PIGGY. Completely confused the others though and poor Jess got bopped on the nose when studying the upturned food bowl yesterday :))

Yep, and it really makes a mess. I use the heaviest dishes I can find or the wide bottom ones, that seems to help. x

some of mine do it so i got them a very flat cat bowl that they can stand on the edge and eat but it wont tip over cost 99p from tesco

I just scatter their food so they get to forrage for it. Soon to move onto fleece so I guess I will need to find a heavy bowl!

I made a post last night regarding feeding bowls that can be attached to the cage because my lot just love to push theirs down their ramp - making one big mess at the bottom.

Two of my boys love to re-arrange their cage on a regular basis - this includes the movement of their litter tray!. Ive tried just about everything i can think of, ive moved their bowl to various positions and still they manage to tip it up - i think it's a game to them.

I'm going to be investing in some food bowls that can be attached to their cage's - less cleaning up from their little antics :))

Here's my post re. the food bowls - couple of really good links on where to purchase them:

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60179

I have this really naughty grey and white piggy named Troy. He sometimes upturns a full bowl of food. I will put the food in, all is calm and then I hear this scattering of food. He's there shoving the bowl around like he's trying to win some food throwing competition lol

Thanks for the links Sodapops. Will look into that if she continues her destruction. We do have some heavier bowls in the garage too so will hunt them out.

Freya my guinea did it all the time,so I bought a ceraqmic bowl,which appears to have remedied the matter.I have seen her getting under the plastic litter tray and moving that round,she often seems to do it when she has a cob on.

My Mimsi is a bowl thrower! I have got a much heavier bowl now that he cant lift, however he shoves it around his cage. I got fed up with all the wasted food! He always moves it to the middle of the cage for some reason:(|)

Paloma was especially bad for tipping the dish and sitting with it on her face while still eating out of it rolleyes but it was a fairly light dish just until we got them a heavier one but even still it seems to miraculously move around the cage - Paloma is one piggy not to be messed with thats for sure :p

Maurice & Jules werent bad for tipping their dish Mo has started to do it more and more recently but I think its cute even though it spills food everywhere :))

My boys all have different bowls, it makes no odds although they like their own for personal reasons.

Barclay has a pottery bowl which is open so he can put a paw on the top and tip it enough just to get to the best bits at the bottom (also stops Abarth from filling his face from the other side). Abarth, Polo and Veyron have plastic bowls with high sides to stand on, once near empty they like a game of boot the bowl.

Eric and Bertie, Cooper and Stratos have ceramic bowls, because they are quite violent with the bowl before they have even tried the food. Cooper likes to know where his bowl is and got very upset when he had a plastic bowl because half way through supper Stratos would put his paw on the bowl and 'ping' play tiddlywinks with it. Cooper and Stratos have a bigger bowl, because they are sociable eaters and like to share.

both my piggies keep bowls upright, only time a bowl is tipped is if theres a carrot put in it :s

My Patch loves tipping the food bowl and spilling food every where. It seems like a game to him I think! Such a naughty piggy. They've got heavy ceramic bowls, yet he still manages it. If he wasn't so cute, I would get rather cross with him.

What's wrong with bowl tipping?

Partyboys-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back