• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone familiar with Shudehill interchange, Manchester?

xToNix

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m taking my mom on a tour of the Corrie set for mother’s day. We’re getting the megabus to Shudehill interchange. I was wondering if anyone knows any specifics on the quickest way to get to media city from there? I’m thinking it’s probably going to be by taxi. Taxi numbers also appreciated lol as time is of the essence!

I’m taking my mom on a tour of the Corrie set for mother’s day. We’re getting the megabus to Shudehill interchange. I was wondering if anyone knows any specifics on the quickest way to get to media city from there? I’m thinking it’s probably going to be by taxi. Taxi numbers also appreciated lol as time is of the essence!
You can get on the Metrolink (trams) to Media City, you would need to walk to Piccadilly Gardens (less than 10 mins) and then it would be about 20 mins on the tram. Depending on the day and time that you are travelling a taxi may be faster (it won't be during the rush hour). I use Uber or you can easily flag down a black cab. If i can help any further please message me.

Also, not sure when you are travelling but if it is on a day when Mcr United have a home match it will be very busy around Media City.

I checked on Google Maps and it says it would take 30 mins by car, so not much different to the tram. The tram would be cheaper though.

Thanks for that @YvonneBlue. We’ll get there about 10:45. Do you think a taxi will be ok at that time as we’ve got to be on the set for 11:15 :/

I didn’t even think about the football! I’ve just had a quick look at the fixtures and it doesn’t look like they have a match on that day thank goodness!

I’ve emailed the Corrie people and asked if we can book on the 11:45 tour instead. That gives us a good hour then! Thanks again for your help :)

You can get the tram from shudehill so no need to walk to Piccadilly gardens.

Ooh ok. Any idea how long it will take to get to media city on the tram from there? Still about half an hourish?

Metrolinks website says to walk to Piccadilly Gardens as there is no direct tram from Shudehill. So I'm guessing the wait for the tram, the journey to Piccadilly Gardens and the change of tram may take longer than the 9 minutes walk.

Back