• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Anyone going back to work?

I mostly work from home, so not a lot has changed, except now I work from home with the constant noise and upheaval of teenagers in the house!
On the plus side when I am in a meeting I can text them to bring me coffee.
On the down side DD1 thinks everyone might like to see Ruby when I am in a Zoom meeting.

I have an extremely understanding boss.

My OH has been working from home, he says as he is vulnerable even if his employers (courts service) ask him to go back in, he won't unless they can guarantee distancing and protection from the public. Some of his colleagues have been going in, to deal with stuff that can't be done by phone, but I don't think the rest will want to go back in until there is better protection.

Hoping everyone returning to work is able to stay safe. Apart from the horrendous fear that my daughter could catch this virus, my maternity leave definitely came at the right time and I don't need to think about going back until next March

I’ve been able to work from home throughout the lockdown and in fact we’ve found some efficiencies doing online meetings etc that we might look to keep even once our physical office reopens. I’ll continue to work from home for the foreseeable future.
MrA is a self employed tradesperson who’s been unable to work for the last 8 weeks with no income (although the self employed support scheme will open for applications this week). Even if he wanted to go back the merchants are still largely closed. And he works in people’s homes so he will have to risk assess each job to see if either he or the occupants could be at risk. Given that he does a lot for the elderly and infirm who are shielding I doubt he will actually be able to return to normal working patterns (and income) for some time yet to come.

possible start back for me at the start of June but they are still working out the details. I have missed working and in a household where all the other people have been working its been very surreal to me.

I work in a preschool and all of us staff are in contact to discuss how to be able to open safely following the guidelines given to schools. It’s rather stressful how to be safe in that situation - 3 year olds aren’t exactly known for their hygiene! Ive got one primary age child and one secondary age child and although neither of them fall in the specifically mentioned years for going back in the first round, they have said they want all primary age children to have some time back in school before the summer hols. It sounds as if there isn’t any plan to have younger secondary aged children back in before sept though so I am very grateful that my boss is so lovely and completely understands that it isn’t looking likely I’ll be able to go back at all before September. I’m now just hoping we have the option to not send primary aged children in if we don’t want to....but then I’m torn and wonder if it might be better for her to have some time back while there are likely to be far less children in. Not that that will get me back into work anyway as I’ll still have my older child home

Back