• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone know the board game Carcasonne?

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bought this for my nephews for Xmas and now piggydaddy and I are getting very stressed out trying to understand how to play it... we even have youtube help video but the rules sound like the government's covid tier restrictions lol?

Carcassonne is a fab game and not that hard, honestly! How old are the nephews? My boy is 9 and has been able to play for a few years now. Which parts are you most stuck with?!

Carcassonne is a fab game and not that hard, honestly! How old are the nephews? My boy is 9 and has been able to play for a few years now. Which parts are you most stuck with?!
The boys are 9 and 6, its a gift for tomorrow but I was trying to figure it out before wrapping it up so we can all play it after our Christmas meal! The scoring sounds a bit tricky... also the rules on how/when to place the meeples... the online video was ever so confusing!

It’s one of our favourite games and I didn’t think it was that hard to figure out! Mind you, I have a brainy OH so leave him to work it out then explain it to me in simple words! As with any new game, I think it’s always a good idea to play it through once with the rules in hand to get the hang of it - then you’ll be well away. You won’t regret getting it - honest!

I always find these games make more sense when you're playing at the same time as reading the rules. Basically you get to put a meeple on the tile you are putting down, not at any other time. And most of the scoring is at the end, except when you complete something during play. I bet you'll all get the hang of it quickly. Just one note of caution... Carcassonne can be a gateway to other more complex board games!

Last year we got the boys Forbidden Island, where you play as a team against the rising water levels... but the kids got so sad when the game won and we drowned that I invented a new "towel" card to counteract the "flood" cards lol :)

We have Forbidden Island! I think it's a great game 😁. My Grandad's solution to the water rising is to look through the draw pile and hide then at the bottom before they come up :doh: :)) :))

Exploding Kittens is my all time favourite game though. Does anyone else have that?

Bought this for my nephews for Xmas and now piggydaddy and I are getting very stressed out trying to understand how to play it... we even have youtube help video but the rules sound like the government's covid tier restrictions lol?
For rules videos Rodney smith is the man. Love carcassonne one of my favourites. You can play without the river is you want

We have Forbidden Island! I think it's a great game 😁. My Grandad's solution to the water rising is to look through the draw pile and hide then at the bottom before they come up :doh: :)) :))

Exploding Kittens is my all time favourite game though. Does anyone else have that?
Love forbidden island works well on Zoom! Have played EXploding Kittens - mucho fun

I always find these games make more sense when you're playing at the same time as reading the rules. Basically you get to put a meeple on the tile you are putting down, not at any other time. And most of the scoring is at the end, except when you complete something during play. I bet you'll all get the hang of it quickly. Just one note of caution... Carcassonne can be a gateway to other more complex board games!
:)) gateway to a world of fun, I may have a little addiction since I started several years ago... buying second hand is a good way to go
B8E657C2-197A-4627-B556-E6E845731714.jpeg

:)) gateway to a world of fun, I may have a little addiction since I started several years ago... buying second hand is a good way to go
View attachment 161638

The problem is that reminds me of Netflix. I spend so long trying to decide what to watch that we run out of time for anything :))

Our games shelves are not that extensive but we have a growing collection. Agricola will be the new one for Christmas because hubby found it on special offer. Never played it before. We're trying to play every game in the house over the school holidays and see who wins the most games...

We always used to play a board game as a family at Christmas when I was growing up.
One I loved was Nessie Hunt, my other favourite was Escape from Colditz.
Don’t get to play much these days as my husband isn’t a fan of board games.

We love exploding kittens :nod:

Back