Anyone work for the RSPCA or know somebody who does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I live in Ireland but am interested in working for the RSPCA one day. The ISPCA only have 5 inspectors and hardly ever hire people. But I heard that the RSPCA hire people quite a lot.

I've done some research on their website and am gonna email them for more info, but just wondering does anyone know anything about it.

I'd like to be an animal care assistant or welfare officer.

I'm doing an animal care course (basically veterinary nursing but won't be registered so will probably be doing an extra 2 year course to get registered) and have loads of animals and have rescued animals. I know loads about caring for most pets, and have the basic info for more exotic pets. I've been working in a vet clinic (as a vet assistant I guess, but basically doing a vet nurse's job) for a year.

Does this sound like they might possibly hire me, or would I need to volunteer for a while with a rescue to get more experience?

I'd love to hear anyone's story of how they got into it, or somebody they know. :)

Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Your background sounds very good but it is hard to get in - the application form is around 12 pages long too ! My partner had to have a CRB check done etc. and then they asked if we were prepared to relocate so if you have no family committments etc. and would be happy to do that, go for it.
We have our home, a daughter at college and our four piggies so decided it was not the best move to make. There was nothing in our part of the country :(
http://www.rspca.org.uk/in-action/aboutus/careers
Best wishes x

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds good :) You also have to be good with people and confrontation !

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Yeah I would be willing to go to any part of the country really . . . still just so confused about what I'll do with my life right now though! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.