Are you all going away on holiday this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We are finally getting a chance to go away in the summer, for a week! The first holiday in 5 years!

OK it's no where extravagant, Just an apartment in Ingoldmells, outside of Skegness.. Got animals to think of as well as accessibility so they are our main problems (don't mean that in a bad way) when wanting to go.

Not that we've minded not going away in the past..

Cat will be going to a cattery where my dad's mate works, and the piggies, snails and fish will be looked after by my cousin.

Other than the week away, we will be taking two of our nephews on day trips during the summer; Hatton Country World, Sealife Centre, Cadburys World and many more! Even if we never get a holiday we enjoy our days out!

Where are you all going if you can get away?

Kelly and piggies xx

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I very much doubt it! :( I'd probably be all alone on the forum in the evenings in the Summer months! LOL

Clare x

G

gothchick1515

I'm spending a week in my nans caravan in devon! Not very glamourous and I'm a big girl length and width so i wont fit on the bed lol have a great holiday i've been to Skegness but it was when i was about 7 so 10 years ago so i cant remember what its like but I'm sure it'll be great x

M

Michele

I'm off to Florida ( 1 week in orlando and 1 week in Naples, Gulf Coast). I go in 40 sleeps LOL! it was 6 weeks yesterday........... Cant wait.

I'm also off to West Sussex for a week with mother in law in August and hopefully away overseas either october half term or christmas/new year.

Reaction score
am going next march 07 and cant wait, I really got myself wound up last oct when we went on a med cruise about my animals, but my lovely 24 year old son Stuart stayed here with them all and between him and mum and dad who live 5 bunglaows up the road they coped brilliantly, so was so impressed have already booked again this time the caribbean on the oceana again cant wait am so excited already, Stuart even coped when my terminally ill pig died, he was so upset bless him but i left notes for every eventuality and he did everything perfectly,even down to burying her, plus the vets were on standby, and I was on the phone every day, much to the amusement of other passengers, they heard me talking silly piggy talk ( Mick my hubby told them I had been let out on holiday, )lol
and as for this summer well I am surrounded by beaches living on the Isle of wight so have a choice but we get quite used to it and prefer the beach in winter, so will be chatting on here most evenings with Claire xx

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow! Some of you are really visiting places, are you visting many places on your cruise Michelle? ;D Well, you know what I mean!

Reaction score
Hi Cashmincal in October we visited Palma Barcelona, Monte carlo and Nice and Santa Margarita, Livorno in Italy ( Pisa and the leaning tower was amazing,) then onto Rome and the Colloseum, wow, then on way home good old Gibralter my 2 younger kids said yah they speak English typical kids,
next year we Fly to Barbados ( gulp not looking forward to that bit) then we go to Saint Lucia, St Maarten, Tortola, Antigua and then on way home Madeira before we get home to southampton where we get the ferry back to the Isle of wight,
its taken us years to do any travelling but am enjoying it now, think finding out i have MS change my way of thinking about things, just wish I could take a few furry friends with me lol, I phone home every day though,

K

kellyspiggies

i am going to majorca in june, leaving the kids with the family and me and my partner are going of together on our own, i know I'm cruel not taking the kids but this will be the first time i have left them to go abroad. me and my partner have never been on holiday abroad on our own b4 so we thought we will do it this year as we probably wont be going on holiday next year as I'm having a extension on my house which is going to cost alot.

Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
i am going to majorca in june, leaving the kids with the family and me and my partner are going of together on our own, i know I'm cruel not taking the kids but this will be the first time i have left them to go abroad. me and my partner have never been on holiday abroad on our own b4 so we thought we will do it this year as we probably wont be going on holiday next year as I'm having a extension on my house which is going to cost alot.

think it's good to have some time to yourselves.. only trouble is you may be worrying about your kids! LOL. It's not cruel either love, it's like you're leaving them to fend for themselves! :)

Kelly and piggies xx

K

kellyspiggies

i know feel abit guilty though but i wil have a good time and i will miss them

Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
i know feel abit guilty though but i wil have a good time and i will miss them

Aww don't feel guilty, it's good that youare able to havetime away together and be able to leave them with family.. I'm sure the kids will have their own fun without you parents around!

Status
Not open for further replies.