Areas they don't like touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My girl doesn't like being touched on her cheeks. She kinda snaps at me like she wants to bite me.She likes her head and back rubbed only. Where does your piggy dislike being touched?

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of my piggies don't like to be touched on their cheeks. My first hairless piggy, Nearly Hairless Nick, snapped at me when I touched his cheeks and neck. A lot of my piggies also don't seem to like their feet handled either.

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My big girls don't really like being touched towards their botton, they're okay with shoulders but anything past their midriff and all three wriggle.

Willow and Pixel don't like being picked up either, but are okay once they're settled in your arms :)

Boris and baby Marmite don't seem to dislike anywhere. They're both quite cuddly pigs :)

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Willow has bumblefoot, because her previous owner put her in a wire bottomed cage. It is not fun at all checking on her feet, she kicks really hard :{

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine don't like being touched in front of their back legs. They'll kick and try to bite if I do. Archie doesn't like being stroked much, but I don't know if thats because he has long hair that grows in funny directions.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My big girls don't really like being touched towards their botton, they're okay with shoulders but anything past their midriff and all three wriggle.

Willow and Pixel don't like being picked up either, but are okay once they're settled in your arms :)

Boris and baby Marmite don't seem to dislike anywhere. They're both quite cuddly pigs :)

Basil and Snowball are the same. They love a chin rub and the back of their heads being stroked but don't go near their bottom.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ludwig absolutely hates his sides being touched. It's really bad because I can't pick him up. He throws his body and does all he can to avoid it but he'll happily be stroked on his head, nose, cheeks etc. Just don't touch his body. I sometimes wonder if maybe he has some kind of problem that makes it hurt. He'll happily sit in your arms or lap, you just can't touch his sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.