• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelert

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think I can tell how this year is going to go, just by what I did tonight.

Accidentally knocked my house keys down the back of the bathroom radiator. Where they're now sitting ontop of a book I knocked down there years ago. And can't get my hand down far enough to get them.

Also got a meeting with my advisor at the job centre on Friday, and I know she's going to say "you're not doing enough to find work. Why don't you consider working in a cafe or something similar, other than just cleaning, retail or animal work?" Because I dislike interacting with the general public, that's why. Because I don't even like going into a shop if it's too crowded. Because I cannot deal with people half the time. If there was a job that involved minimal interaction with people, I would take it. But there isn't. I've even looked at employment opportunities away from my home town, but because of the piggies, moving away from home isn't an option right now.

I let things get to me too much, I realise that. But that's just how I am. Yes, I get stressed too easily, and let little things bother me until they build up inside with no way out. And I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things. Friends live scattered around/lost touch with, and pretty much the same with relatives. People I know are getting the jobs they want, and I'm sitting here feeling like a failure of a person. Part of that is due to a slight case of jealously, and part of it is due to me feeling like I can't change, no matter how hard I try.

Sorry this turned into a rant. Guess this was the only way I could air some of this stuff.

You sound familiar to me! Sorry your year so far isn't going too good! With regards to your keys- if it makes you feel any better m, a few ago when I had just finished a cleaning job i dropped my bunch of car/house/cleaning keys down a drain next to my car door (how I managed that I've no idea) and it was snowing! Needless to say that wasn't a good day. I let things build up inside me until they all come out in one go (not good i tell you!) and totally relate to not working with public. I like to work alone, no one to bother me, do my own thing etc. anyway just letting you know that you're not alone. If you ever want to talk please feel free to pm me :-) hope things get better soon.

You sound familiar to me! Sorry your year so far isn't going too good! With regards to your keys- if it makes you feel any better m, a few ago when I had just finished a cleaning job i dropped my bunch of car/house/cleaning keys down a drain next to my car door (how I managed that I've no idea) and it was snowing! Needless to say that wasn't a good day. I let things build up inside me until they all come out in one go (not good i tell you!) and totally relate to not working with public. I like to work alone, no one to bother me, do my own thing etc. anyway just letting you know that you're not alone. If you ever want to talk please feel free to pm me :-) hope things get better soon.

Does make me feel slightly better, knowing that there are others who've lost their keys. Yep, it's not good to bottle things up, but I've no idea how to work on that.

Lol! We're like kindred souls! Although, I lucked out in finding work that was good for me pretty quick, but I was also lucky because I knew that I loved forestry, took a college forestry program, and ended up with a sweet job wandering all over the woods every day with a small group of people, often just one other. Now, I just got a job at a boarding kennel and I'm supposed to be "joined at the hip" with someone for the month-long training period. I inwardly shuddered when she told me that. I've worked at a kennel before so I'm hoping that once they see I know what I'm doing, it may be a much shorter training period?! Have you tried at a kennel? There's a little bit of interaction with clients when they drop off their pets, but that's pretty much it. They are hard to find though :( I wish you luck! Something will come up soon!

I'm sorry that you are having a bad day. Have you got an old wire coat hanger? If so, straighten it out, but put a little hook at the end and fish around behind your radiator to fish your keys out. I lost all my house keys, and the keys to the farm gate, and my stable one day when looking for my cat and putting up "missing" posters. As I probably lost them on my road, and my key ring had picturs of our animals on it (and we are well known) we had to have all our locks changed, so that was an expensive error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back