• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Arkward legs?(sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amsy1991

Misty(my guinea)who had the 'stiff leg problem' also sits with her legs splayed out to the side.I was wondering if this was a problem.

One of my primary schools guinea pigs did the same thing but worse.They stayed at my house a lot in the holidays as i had sat them when it was half term and no one was at school.Will that information help?

She keeps her legs splayed for a while then tucks them under herself.Is it a huge problem or is it just a habbit of some sort?

Misty is the dominant one but she does it even when she is by herself.

Amy x ?

Reaction score
i've also had pigs that do this jinx does to some degree but its never seemed a problem maybe they are more comfortable that way or they were born with clicky hips like babies get,

C

cavykind

As long as she is walking normally, I wouldn't worry :)

One of my males, alfie lies like this too!

A

Amsy1991

Thanks for that!

She hasn't been doing it up until now.Its odd but i guess i shouldn't wory.

Reaction score
My Misty lies with his legs out to the side like the way you said but he's fine so I don't think it's much to worry about. I think they are more comfortable that way like michellemuffin said :D

Status
Not open for further replies.