• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ash tree leaves and branches

Nana1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me if it's safe for guineas to eat ash tree leaf. My neighbour has a very large ash tree overhanging our garden and now weather changed the leaves are constantly blowing on to my grass. My guineas love to be out in the run in the garden on good days but I am constantly finding leaves from the ash tree have entered the run. Will it be ok if they eat these. Thank you in advance for any reply

I am sorry i have found very little on this using our forum search function, hopefully someone may know.

Ash tree leaves are safe for guinea pigs as long as they don’t eat tons of it.

How about buddliea leaves? I have a huge buddleia in my garden and the leaves fall on the garden. I have been taking them off the grass and patio as I don't know if they are safe for my piggies to eat. If they are I'll leave them if not I'll carry on picking them out and popping them in one place ready for the garden vac.

Ash tree leaves are safe for guinea pigs as long as they don’t eat tons of it.
Thank you for your reply. I do rake up the ash leaves on the grass before i put the guineas in the run but i often find some have blown in over the course of the day. I will now not worry to much about these. Thank you

Bill and Ted eat ash tree leaves (Roman) in our garden while out in their run. The browner and crispier the better. They are fine. If you are worried place a pond net over run or old net curtain. You could rake lawn regularly too to stop build up. I don’t let them eat the berries though

Back