• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

At last - the rain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At midnight we had a huge storm in Bath. I had to stay up for a bit to make sure the guins were OK. Thunder, sheet lightning (unusual for Bath) and rain, rain, rain.

And today it seems as hot as ever. Brrrrr, as Scarby would say.

we had it yesterday afternoon, i was about to clean the piggies out when i i heard the thunder coming just gave them a bath aswell poor little things had to go back in the hutch

I wish we'd had a storm here - it is so humid I can barely breathe.

Pigs are fine thankfully as they are indoors and I have lots of precautions in place. They have cottoned on to the fact that if it is very hot I give them extra veggies and now demand them even more. A shop usually lasts me a week but I only went on Thursday and can see I will have to go for more today!

Our thunder storm has been rescheduled till Sunday >:( We got about 4 minutes of rain here. Its still going to be 30 degrees >:(

no rain in Shropshire yet either :(, cant wait for it to cool down. I have had enough of it now. I know that makes me a spoilsport but being stuck in a stuffy, no air office thats like a sauna all day is not much fun.

I heard on the news this morning we are going to have a very hot August also.

Deb x

The temperature for this time of year should be 22 apparently. :o Is this just freakish weather or has global warming got us at last? ?

August will be hot too :o Oh my Lord I can't take much more of this. But look on the bright side, they hay next year will be yummy :)

we had a wonderful storm last night the whole Island was bathed in sheet and fork lightning the rain was wonderful and fell hard for ages we all stood out in it like idiots we are, you would never thought we had seen rain before, its muggy here today but is clouding over, oh yah allelujah,
I never liked the hot weather even more so now and cannot wait for winter,

I heard some thunder last night, and it clouded over, but it was nothing substantial. We had a little bit of warm rain too.

how do you guys measure weather in degrees? just wondering coz 30 over here in the states is freezing! :D

LOL oh gosh! 30 C! Is boiling! :D

We had thunder this morning and not long had a down pour! It's still so hot!

kellyandpiggies said:
LOL oh gosh! 30 C! Is boiling! :D

We had thunder this morning and not long had a down pour! It's still so hot!
OH! LOL! Thanks for the clear up. We measure with Farenhiet, so I guess that's the difference. :D ;)

I looked it up on the internet. The most accurate way of converting centigrade to farenheight is

centigrade x 9 divide by 5 + 30

Or
you go to BBC weather and click on the button that says "view this in Farenheight" ;D

DebbieR said:
Or
you go to BBC weather and click on the button that says "view this in Farenheight" ;D

Yup, that's my way too 2funny ;D

Yes I find the button thing easier too. Not so taxing on the old grey matter ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back