• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Audition songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay , so talent show auditions are next friday and I still haven't picked a song...HELP MUCH xx​

It's the most horrible question to ask, what IS my fav song. I don't even know... depends what time of day! Lol It's so frustrating, besides... some of my fav songs are metal... xx

I would say steer clear of your favourite. Go for a song you like and no but not overly well so you will be cautious to do it right

HI lexy,
being Very theatrical myself I would always choose a musical theatre piece but this only works if you are willing to act it. If you want to do a musical theatre song and you really want to show off your voice go for something like memories from cats or hopelessly devoted to you from grease. Or you can really go all out to put on a show and do something like all that jazz from Chicago. :))

Or you can go the other way and do pop songs.with pop songs you can either go for something really upbeat like pack up by eliza doolittle (or any of her songs!) or you can do the slow meaningfull ones like make you feel my love by adele. I would always say do one which you are completely confident with and is entirely in your range so that if your voice isn't 100% on the day it won't be a complete disaster! :)
hope this helps! And GOOD LUCK! :))
Sophie xx

Last edited:
HI lexy,
being Very theatrical myself I would always choose a musical theatre piece but this only works if you are willing to act it. If you want to do a musical theatre song and you really want to show off your voice go for something like memories from cats or hopelessly devoted to you from grease. Or you can really go all out to put on a show and do something like all that jazz from Chicago. :))

Or you can go the other way and do pop songs.with pop songs you can either go for something really upbeat like pack up by eliza doolittle (or any of her songs!) or you can do the slow meaningfull ones like make you feel my love by adele. I would always say do one which you are completely confident with and is entirely in your range so that if your voice isn't 100% on the day it won't be a complete disaster! :)
hope this helps! And GOOD LUCK! :))
Sophie xx

I was going to do defying gravity, but my voice is going. IT should be alright on the night but I want to have a back up, I was thinking no one but you from WWRY... xx

I was going to do defying gravity, but my voice is going. IT should be alright on the night but I want to have a back up, I was thinking no one but you from WWRY... xx
OMG that's one of my little girl's favourite songs and Don't rain on my parade and I dreamed a dream.
She's only 7 but she can't half belt them out (jazz hands included lol)

With me lol It's a mad house at my house, never quiet kids are always falling out wi each other or trying to outsing each other.
Both of my girls are huuuuuuuuge Glee fans and as they cover most musicals they love musicals too.
My oldests in her school's show choir and in a couple of months they're putting on a show at our local theatre (I'm one excited mummy :) ) and my youngest goes to a church of england school so everything they do revolves around singing lol.
I love to sit wi a cuppa and listen to them on wii sing it or glee sing, even when they go on singstar if my youngest doesn't know the song she'll still have a go bless her.
She loves queen, killers, kings of leon (stuff like that) aswell as her pop and her musicals.

avoid anything like Annie songs, of somewhere over the rainbow! ahh that song has been sung to death!

without knowing you voice style can't really suggest a song :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back