• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baby piggie with closed crusty eye

Ronron

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Our baby piggy we bought at pet store 4 days ago has one eye that is closed and looks a little crusty. It was fine this morning so don't know what happened. Does anyone have an idea what I should do?

It could be either a hay poke injury or an infection (sadly, a lot of pet store pigs come with eye infections- I've been there myself.) Either will require a vet visit and antibiotics to treat, especially a poke injury, which can threaten the eye. Hope your pig is soon back to normal!

:agr: Please get your piggy to the vet soon. You can take him/her to a general get as eye treatment is the same as with dogs and cats.

I hope you’re planning to get him/her a companion. They are highly social animals and need constant companionship of their own kind. No amount of human interaction is enough. You need to also double check the sex of your piggy before doing so. Best way is through rescues, pet shops should be a last resort.
New Owners' Most Helpful How-To Guides and Information
Illustrated Sexing Guide
Guinea Lynx :: GL's Vet List

:wel:

Back