• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baby piggy with scab on nose and cuts on side. 3 weeks old.

Welcome to the forum
What a very cute baby.
I can’t see from the photo what the problem is and I’m not a health expert, however I always work on the basis with my piggies that if I have any concern I go to the vets.
They would rather see an over anxious owner than one who comes too late?

Do you have a good exotic vet to go to?
Do you have a vet fund?

Let us know how things go

She has almost a big scabby bump on nose. We do not have an exotic vet or guinea pig vet available. We are going to try some anti parasite spot on and see if that does the trick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190115-201056_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190115-201056_Gallery.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
Over the counter treatment is not a good idea.
It can hide the real issues and are not effective.
Only a vet can give you proper diagnosis and treatment.

Where are you located?
There is a list of recommended vets on the forum for UK members or there is also the ‘Guinea Lynx’ website.
As there are members from all over the world it’s also possible someone may be able to tell you about a good vet.

It doesnt look like mites which could be treated with antiparasitic spot-on, not on the face and neck- it could be ringworm that's been scratched at or injuries that have got infected. It does really need a vet, hope you can locate one. Looks like prescription antifungal and antibiotics might be needed but only a vet can say for sure and prescribe whats needed.

Thank you for the advice we will try and get her a vet appt as soon as possible

Over the counter treatment is not a good idea.
It can hide the real issues and are not effective.
Only a vet can give you proper diagnosis and treatment.

Where are you located?
There is a list of recommended vets on the forum for UK members or there is also the ‘Guinea Lynx’ website.
As there are members from all over the world it’s also possible someone may be able to tell you about a good vet.
We are getting a vets appt. Thank you for the advice

Back