Back to school haircut for the wildman of lockdown!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Like parents up and down the UK, I've been enforcing a bit of a back-to-school haircut on my husband piggy daddy
who goes back to his TA job on Monday! Anyone else been getting out the hedge trimmers/pet clippers on themselves, their husbands or their kids ready for school? :)
Before...
20210306_164836.jpg
After!
20210306_172429.jpg
He made more fuss than Jezzy and Blod did getting their all-over haircuts last summer, and we used the same hair clippers lol :)

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Wow that’s more than a trim! 😂 my sons hair needs cutting again and the girl’s hair (and mine) need retightening. No trimming for us otherwise.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes piggy daddy usually lets his beard grow over Christmas then has a new year haircut and shave ready for school... but this year he's 2 months late lol :)

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I hope he appreciates the home salon. Looks good though.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well done, that looks very professional.
I've come to the conclusion a lot of the people round here must live with hairdressers, I seem to be the only one when I'm out and about on my walks with hair that looks like it's not been to a salon recently. Never mind though I've wanted a pony tail since I was 4!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I was going to the hairdressers 3 days after lockdown. I now have the "pulled through a hedge backwards" look.
I cut my own hair which usually works fine because its too frizzy to tell if one side is 2 inches shorter than the other... but last time I made the mistake of cutting it just a bit too short to tie back properly, it looks like an explosion in a pot noodle factory and if I try subdue it with a hair clip it just bounces off the top or some noodly tentacle bits escape round the side lol :)

GPTV

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I look like 'Cousin Itt' off of the Addams family again, my hairdresser couldn't fit me in before Christmas, so I made an appointment for 1st Feb... Sigh, that wasn't happening was it!? :( ✂

I'm hoping she'll contact me when she's back to sorting appointments.
I hate having my hair cut but January 20 followed by August 20 cuts is really beyond a joke!
My fringe is down to my bottom lip! :yikes:

I'm so tempted to shear it myself, but I'd cut too much off & look butch! 😂 Not a good look! Lol!

Any tips as you tidied up piggy daddy's nicely :nod:

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
During the first lockdown we had a chat about our family options for hair.
I got clippers and started to do DH's hair. He says he will never go back to a salon as I do a pretty decent job (thanks You Tube) and it is much more convenient to have a hair cut in the garden as and when needed.
I personally hate the hairdresser - such a waste of time and money - so DD2 (13 years old) has been cutting my hair ever since, and doing a great job.
DD2 is happy with a hair cut by Mummy, and has been dying her own hair for years.
DD1 has the most amazing waist length thick blonde hair and won't allow anyone except one Zurich stylist to touch it, so hers is now even longer. With split ends, but she will get it trimmed again eventually, and no one ever died from split ends!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
That looks very good @PigglePuggle .
I had my hair done just before Christmas but we’re now approaching the shaggy dog / demented hedgehog look.
It’s too short to tie back and too long to be tidy.
I did take a bit off my fringe as it was getting way too annoying.
Roll on the hairdressers opening again.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
In September 2019 I had some kind of premonition and stopped the hairdresser cutting my usual layers in my chin length hair, "just cut it straight round, if for any reason I can't get here for sometime it will look better growing out". Here we are 18 months on, it's well and truly grown out, it's past my shoulders, even the bit of fringe I had has now got long enough to go into the tail. I don't think it sits me but it's so easy to just wash and leave to dry I shall be very tempted to leave it even when we can get back to the hairdresser.

My partner shaves his own head, has done for years, he has so little hair left he says it not worth paying a barber.

Mrs Sport_Billy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Wow that’s more than a trim! 😂 my sons hair needs cutting again and the girl’s hair (and mine) need retightening. No trimming for us otherwise.
Can you retighten yourself or does it need a professional?

Lee is now a grade 1 all over so easy for him. I‘m at the tie it back so no one can tell how bad it looks stage with mine.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Can you retighten yourself or does it need a professional?

Lee is now a grade 1 all over so easy for him. I‘m at the tie it back so no one can tell how bad it looks stage with mine.
I can retighten it myself. I’ve gotten faster as I’ve had to do it since...March :yikes: I’m booked in for April though - it’s my little treat. My sister is my hairdresser.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I cut my hair short several times and my sisters never understood why 😆 it made life easier for me. The last time was either a year before I got married or when I was pregnant with my first. My husband didn’t let me after that!

And now everyone keeps telling me not to cut my locks 😁 I prefer it short and did actually cut it about 2 summers ago. It’s now longer than it was back then.