Bad thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been having massive problems with depression this year, manifesting itself in me not wanting to See my friends or do anything and feeling paranoid about everything (including about what people on here think of me so i don't post much personal stuff:(
I've been sat on my own tonight and had a massive glass of wine and feel much more social. For the first time ever i actually thought to myself seriously that maybe i should have a drink all the time to stop myself feeling so bad. I know it's a stupid thing to think and I've quite scared myself actually so i thought I'd post to you all instead of sitting on my own. Sorry just not sure what to do to help myself feel better and like i used to 8... Alyson x

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're feeling down Alyson :( Big internet hugs to try and make you feel a little better hun xx

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Time to pop to the doctors if that is how you are feeling, they can help in lots of ways and not just tablets. Plus keep talking, we are always here and do not judge xx

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thanks guys, i dunno what's happened to me recently i just feel like noone is interested in what i do. I'm not even interested in what i do! Yes doctors it is i suppose tho I'm taking tablets, seein a counsellor. What else can they do? Prescribe me someone that follows me round acting like I'm really interesting and attractive? Ha ha if only! X

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They can bump your dosage if they feel it is appropriate. You need to take things small though and try to do a teeny bit more every day. Try and do things that make you feel good like a long hot bath, read a trashy magazine anything that helps and then build it from there. The meds anc counscelling will help but they take time.

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thanks Romily I've been like this most of the year. Total mess. Keep missing doctors appointments too cos my memory is really bad on the tablets. I Will make an appointment tomorrow though, and buy heat magazine ;)

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear hun that doesn't sound good :( I can completely relate though, having had depression for a year and a half - the only time I don't feel down is when I've had a drink or if my day has gone 100% smoothly. Do you think it's the tablets that make your memory bad? If so I have that too! Maybe the doc can up your dosage?
I hope you feel better soon!
x

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww hun you dont have to feel alone. Although you dont know us all here in person I love coming on here to chat to you all, your all like friends to me now :)
So remember anytime you want to have a chat feel free.
Sending you lots of hugs xxxxx

Deb H

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
having the same issue myself. I have been told by a psychiatrist that drinking alcohol counteracts all the good the tablets do. I can totally relate though having drunk best part of a bottle and a half of red wine yesterday.

easily said I know, but try to minimise the drink (I am trying to take my own advice) and let the tablets work as they are supposed to. Alcohol also messes with memory and your sleep.

Speak to your GP and increase/change your medication.

good luck hun

Reaction score
Sorry you feel like that Alyson. I just wanted to say that you really helped me last week when Eric was poorly and then died. Of all the lovely posts I received yours stood out as the most helpful and knowledgeable and I was very grateful to receive them.

I hope you start to feel more like yourself soon. I don't suffer with depression but know what you mean about making excuses to see friends as I've been telling everyone this month I can't get a babysitter (when it's not true). Am trying to force myself to accept a couple of invitations (I'm not exactly over burdened with them) and be a bit more me.

Lisa

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wish I could help hunny but I'm in the same boat :(

I'm not on medication because I dont like the thought of not being in control on my emotions.

I cry alot
I snap a lot - at my boyfriend (poor thing)
I think about suicide a lot on those really bad days
Ive had eating problems for over 2 years now - I can drop about half a stone in less than a week.

I wanna be happy and bubbly again like I was years ago.

( ( big hugs ) )

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know how you feel, I had a couple glasses of wine tonight and it does make you relax alot especially when being stressed out but it cant be the answer so maybe just keep it to a treat on a friday night which is what i might do.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hope you are okay and having a nice evening. Treat yourself to a nice glass of wine if it makes you feel better. A little bit of what you fancy does the world of good :)
x

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww I'm so sorry your feeling like this hun, I know how hard it is, I've been there myself.

Depending on what tablets your on drinking really won't help, I know I went a bit loopy when I drank when I was on prozac so had to stop, but I know that sometimes drinking can sometimes feel like the only answer. I ( along with others on here ) can really relate to what your going through so if you ever want to talk please do, or drop me a PM, even if you want to vent or offload I'll happily listen, bottling things up does you no good, trust me, I know!

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not on medication because I dont like the thought of not being in control on my emotions.

Speak to your doctor as if you are on the right tablets you do not lose control of your emotions. They are designed to help x

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm sad to hear there's so many of us in the same boat :( I actually feel a bit better as I went to a party last night that I'd been dreading going to as I hardly knew anyone there, but it was a good friends so wanted to go so I didn't feel like I'd let her Down. I had a great time and chatted to lots of people And actually had fun! xx>>>
It's so difficult to do when feeling low but getting out there and accepting invitations even if you don't feel like it is the way to go!
I was naughty though and got drunk. I do agree Deb H that drinking is not good for memory and when on pills, and yes Gems I've gone a little mad on the booze at times too. I'm only going to drink socially, and not a lot either.
Lots of Xmas love to you all x

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry you feel like that Alyson. I just wanted to say that you really helped me last week when Eric was poorly and then died. Of all the lovely posts I received yours stood out as the most helpful and knowledgeable and I was very grateful to receive them.

I hope you start to feel more like yourself soon. I don't suffer with depression but know what you mean about making excuses to see friends as I've been telling everyone this month I can't get a babysitter (when it's not true). Am trying to force myself to accept a couple of invitations (I'm not exactly over burdened with them) and be a bit more me.

Lisa
Thanks Lisa that means a lot to me and made me weepy! Hope you're ok, how's Ernie doing? X

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Alyson,

So glad you have decided to post, depression does get worse during the winter months:( and I believe exercise is a great depression buster! have you got a dog you can walk? or a bike?

Alcohol though makes depression worse and I would really advise against starting drinking to make yourself 'feel better' it is a slippery slope and how many alcoholics start out:(

Being on your own doesn't help, could you arrange a night out with friends? or start a new hobby:))

Hope you are feeling brighter soon, maybe see your gp and ask their advice, I suffer on and off from depression so I am speaking from experiencex

Reaction score
Aw, didn't mean to make you feel weepy, but I did mean what I said :)

Glad you had a good drunken night out, I could do with one of those myself. Is the work's Xmas do (which I'd originally turned down as I'd said I couldn't get a sitter) on Friday, so hopefully then!

Have a fabulous Xmas :(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.