• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

bad weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I worked all weekend :(

And on Saturday night I managed to smash someones wing mirror as well as my own (completely by accident) :( :(
Called today to tell me a new one from Vauxhall would be £150. I called a garage about mine and it's only £6 for the glass or £30 if I need a whole new mirror! She is looking into getting a second hand one now so have to keep my fingers crossed.

Have to work next weekend too :(

no doubt to pay for the mirrors, poor you never mind nearly Christmas as I keep being told grrrrr, hope she can get a 2nd hand mirror £150 for a mirror is extortionate

Know how you feel and it"s raining here now :'(Just been in to see piggies wheeking away for more veggies little piggies haha ;D

What was she driving ? a Merc? :o £150 :o

no an astra! i'm v annoyed. when i spoke to her i said 'well if it has to be that then i defintely want a written quote'. and she has just left me a voicemail to say 'i got that written quote you wanted'. ha! so my guess is that shes expecting me to pay for that one.

i've had a horrible afternoon so I'm not going to phone back tonight. Instead I am going to wait and call her local garage tomorrow morning to get a quote.

I wouldn't mind but there are people out there who would have driven off and not admitted to anything! >:(

Oh dear what a bummer of a time you've had, sorry to hear :(

Gawd sounds like your repairs to cars are totally over priced like ours, someone's getting good bucks for these parts and we're paying way way too much. Feel sorry for you it's hard running a car with expenses all by yourself, am a little luckier that work (our business) helps with somethings.

Too make you feel better, i scraped the side of my Chrysler Voyager last year all down the drivers side would you believe on the garage brick wall, dam thing leapt out me i tell you ! Na i didn't judge things too well and tried to get around the other car in the driveway and scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch, called OH sobbing thinking he was going to really go spack and he said 'oh well it's only a car'. Whew :D He didn't like the bill tho $800 AU and that was a cash job!

I was just thinking on this subject Mick my hubbys a driving instructor a few months ago he had to replace a new wing mirror on his new Fiesta and that was only £45 new from a main dealer garage colour coded as well, think you are being led on here, load of tosh,

well i've been investigating today... i can can get one delivered off the internet for £37. then i've found a garage who will fit and spray paint it for £39. BUT they said I'll have to get the paint from Vauxhall which will be about another £15.

All in all I haven't the time to go ringing up where I can get paint from and looks like it's going to cost £100 anyway. if i had more time i would but work is busier than it has been all year. AND i'm not sleeping very well :( ...aaaagh. thinking of just giving her the £140 and saying i never want to see her ever again!

I'd try another garage they can differ quite a bit dont you dare pay that amount of money I hate the thougth of some one making money out of your misfortune, Mick said if its electric it might be a lot more good luck, everyones on the make now are'nt they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back