• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger having ANOTHER op tomorrow! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Badger had a lump removed 3 weeks a go however 2 more lumps have appeared :( We took him to Vedra today and she put a needle in it and blood came out so she referred us to Amir, her vet.  My mum and Luke have just taken him and he is going to remove them tomorrow :(  Poor Badger...

Will keep you updated on how his op went!

Didn't take you long :o

Did you break the land speed record ;)

Where abouts in North London?

Oh it did!I do have a bit of a reputation for speeding but not today! We left at 3.15 for an appointment at 5 pm. We finally arrived at 5.35 - the traffic was awful! The M1 was so busy and the M25 barely moving! He is in Broxbourne which is just south of Hoddesdon. It didn't take us long to get back though! Have done such a lot of driving today. Rugby to the CCT and then back to Rugby and then to Broxbourne and back to Rugby again. Have almost used a tank of petrol! Worth it if Badger is ok though! :)

I see! Ellie posted at 7.20 that you'd just taken him, and when you posted at 9.13 that you'd just got back I was like :o ;D

You must be shattered all that driving. :-\

omg what a distance why cant we find good vets closer to our homes ?? mines ok but i would love a rodentologist closer by, am trying to get one of my vets to do the BAR course, fingers and toes crossed for badger he is a brave little man :-*

Good luck little Badger, hope things go really well for you. We'll be waiting for your update.
Poor guy getting another lump :( :(

I'm lucky i live 10-15 mins from my (oops) Dukes vet, he's an exotics vet so knows lots about piggies :)

Glynis said:
Good luck little Badger, hope things go really well for you. We'll be waiting for your update.
Poor guy getting another lump :( :(

I'm lucky i live 10-15 mins from my (oops) Dukes vet, he's an exotics vet so knows lots about piggies :)

You are so lucky having a good vet nearby. :) None of the ones around here seem to have a clue about piggies :(

I will let you all know how the little man is as soon as I hear. I hate seeing his cage empty! :(

Good luck little Badger

My vet here is ok but not brill, he knows what critical care is so thats a start.

Claire do what I am doing keep on at them to change their ways as far as GPs are concerend I took info about the BAR courses and the CCT in and at least one of them more if i'm lucky are looking in to doing the courses

Sending Badger positive thoughts and Reiki too :)
Looking forward to an update.

Barbara

Badger is an extremely brave piggie. I just can't think properly today as I keep worrying about him. The worrying thing is if he has this one removed, will another lump appear after this op. The lump needed to be removed but this poor piggie doesn't want to keep having operations every month!

squeakypigs said:
Badger is an extremely brave piggie. I just can't think properly today as I keep worrying about him. The worrying thing is if he has this one removed, will another lump appear after this op. The lump needed to be removed but this poor piggie doesn't want to keep having operations every month!

Must have missed it, but what are lumps? What did the biopsy reports say on the previous ones say?
Poor badger :(

Barbara

When we took him to Vedra last time (start of Oct) he had a big lump on the side of him which she said was a benign tumour and the small lump on the other side of him was a small cyst.

They removed the benign tumour however we noticed over the weekend that Badger had another small lump on him and the small cyst he had before had grown nearly to the size of a golf ball (was quite hard!) within the space of a couple of weeks.

Vedra yesterday stuck something in the big lump and blood came out of it so she told us he would have to go to see Amir her vet.

We have been told that they will analyse the cells in the lump this time to see what could be causing it!

squeakypigs said:
We have been told that they will analyse the cells in the lump this time to see what could be causing it!

That's good then you'll be able to see just what you are dealing with and where to go from there.
It's so worrying, but try and stay positive.
Hope you soon here how he is doing, we always feel better once we know they are awake :)

Barbara

Re: Badger having ANOTHER op tomorrow! :( (Hopefully today!)

Yeah. I will get my mum to give them a call at lunch-time to see if he has had it yet or is def scheduled in for this afternoon. We have been told we can pick him up the same day as his op so hopefully he will be back home later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back