• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bahhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone ever posted on a forum somewhere and been slated for no god damn reason?

I posted a few days ago on MoneySavingExpect's forums about dream jobs. I'd just been watching, it's me or the dog and I thought, I wonder how she got her job so I decided to post a thread on dream jobs asking people how they got there dream job if they did, I said my 3 dream jobs and that I'm working towards one but hit a wall due to the government changing school funding and the schools making us pay for our classes straight off now and the fact all my courses are part time which means I get no university funding.

Almost every post back to me was that I had no idea where I was going, I was too young (most calling me 19, I'm 21!) I was a confused little kid and I just wanted it on a plate and couldn't work hard towards it like most university students. When I can't even get into university in the first place *** I don't get this so called funding every frigging other person gets! It really shouldn't matter whether the course is part time or full time for uni funding, you're paying back eventually anyhow!

Ahhh I hate how horrible people can be.

Rant over xxx8)

I posted for help on the money saving expert forum as well when I was having real financial problems and was met with the same horrible response. People were so unhelpful and judgemental. The thing that really got me was that you had to do your statement of affairs which basically shows what money you've got coming in and out each month. All of them said get rid of the guinea pigs. I was horrified, yes they're an expense but it's not like finding a new electricity supplier!
Ignore them.

I haven't experienced this kind of thing, but how awful (and totally unnecessary) for both of you. Is there a facility where you can lodge a complaint?

It happened to me once on another forum .... I just responded to a question someone had and I got attacked because I mentioned a website that wasnt theirs.... despite the fact the information on it was actually very good.... it made me VERY reluctant to post again .... anywhere .... so I know what you mean..... people can be very quick to jump to conclusions and not get their facts straight....

Ignore them....

x

I wouldn't say I personally was attcked on a forum but on another guinea pig forum they were all stuck up, i asked question's about guinea's as i hadnt kept them for ages and never in a c an c cage and the site is queen to C and C cage's, they are really judgemental and would rather attack then help people and the mod's are the same!

Some people just aint nice hun and its best to just ignore them.
I'm on the slimming world group on facebook and because ive been doing it a long time I often give alot of advice and help. Sometimes people just dont like the answers but then you get people having a go at you for no reason.
Its bloody annoying.

There is no need for those people to be like that with you. I wouldnt bother going back on there to be honest if I was you and it upset you alot x

I had a similar experience on MSE. When I posted my SOA people told me to get rid of our gym memberships. I explained that Steven was only signed off from physio on the basis he went to the gym so we had to go for medical reasons. People said I was lying about Steven's condition and was out for attention as the NHS apparently fund the gym, which they might do if your on benefits but we weren't. I also got wrong for how much we spend on petrol, but we have that many trips to the hospital and no public transport where we live that the car's our only option. Suffice to say I no longer post on that particular board! The old style board I have found to be really friendly though and is where I spend most of my time if I'm on there :)

I posted that I wouldn't be using the forum again and looked for a complaint button but they dont' have one, just report abuse which I wouldn't go as far as saying it was.

What annoyed me most, even tho my boyfriend read through it all and said that I sounded good and that everything they said wasn't true and I didn't come across as confused but merely interested in different sectors, when I mentioned looking for a complaint letter he did this thing I hate...

He went...

Renate, they are idiots, they have a right to their opinion, just leave the forum alone.

Everytime I mention complaining about something, I get this off him, jesus knows why he's so scared of the complaint! Lol, my old vet was terrible so I said I'd complain about her because well I was paying her money to sort Africa out and she would barely touch him in being afraid to be bitten ¬_¬ she treated his mites wrong and she didn't pick up on his actually problem but once again he was like just leave it alone, she said she'd only worked with a guinea pig vet as training, she'll probs of forgot most of it... Grrr at him lol

That was the end of my glorious productive day yesterday :) thank you for your words though people, its made me feel better that it isn't just me being attacked, sounds weird but I feel sometimes people just don't like me either online or in person and I don't understand why :( I seem to be the only Mod on freecycle to get compliments tho <3

I had someone be very rude and unhelpful to me on that forum so I reported it saying that I felt it wasn't in the spirit of the forum and that I had only gone on there for advice, not to be judged. Suffice to say the post was removed!

Made me feel better but a bit more wary about posting on there...

x:a19:

Lol, they'd have to remove most of the posts on my thread, only around 5-7 said decent things, disgussed their own jobs, one gave me advice on the idea of being a librarian and the rest said i was a confused little girl (in so many words) who didn't want to put effort into being what I wanted and didn't know what I wanted.

I've wanted to be a psychosexual therapist since the age of 17... I was well on my way until the government changed ><

Lol, they'd have to remove most of the posts on my thread, only around 5-7 said decent things, disgussed their own jobs, one gave me advice on the idea of being a librarian and the rest said i was a confused little girl (in so many words) who didn't want to put effort into being what I wanted and didn't know what I wanted.

I've wanted to be a psychosexual therapist since the age of 17... I was well on my way until the government changed ><

There is a forum I very rarely go on, you ask a question and all the original posters on there get aggressive and talk to you like your thick...grrrr! I'll stick to my guinea pig forums I think :)

I think that there are a lot of forums out there that are a breeding ground for arguements.
I used to be on a tortoise forum as I had a breeding pair of leopards and I only asked some questions about tortoises lifestyles as I'd never owned one before and a lot of people came down hard on me calling me irresponsible for having them when I didn't know the a -z of husbandry and buying them from a petshop rather than a breeder, after that I hardly went on there although there was one lady who kept sending me private messages with info that I'd asked for, in fact she even sent me a parcel through the post once containing goodies for my torts so I suppose that there are some good people about.

It's true, there are, some people on the thread did help, I now know not to do a librarian course no matter where my life goes lol. And temping *** help me choose a job whilst I'm actually working there. (fall in love with jobs you've never even heard of). so on.

I post a lot of face books x-factor forum and the abuse Ive had because I'm a wagner fan! I just laugh it off but things can get really nasty on there. Particularly every Sunday when Wagner gets through again! Ive been called all sorts of names:o

I love MSE and spend a lot of time on there, I think forums are like real life you meet lovely people and not so nice people. As I do in the real world I listen to those who make statements relevant to my life. Please do not leave a forum based on the views of a few people.

I love MSE and spend a lot of time on there, I think forums are like real life you meet lovely people and not so nice people. As I do in the real world I listen to those who make statements relevant to my life. Please do not leave a forum based on the views of a few people.

I agree, I use MSE too, I just don't listen to the rude people on there, no point. Like in real life you meet all sorts, like in forums xx

There are horrible people on every forum who just want to cause trouble. I had problems with my dog and i was told to rehome her, no help with training just put her in a dogs home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back