• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bake Off's Back!

Free Ranger

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
This year we get to watch live (last year kid's clubs clashed). Daughter immediately picked Freya and Crystelle to support as they are lovely young ladies with lots of hair. Luckily they also seem to be quite good at baking!
Hubs is favouring Giuseppe's precision bakes.
Son can't remember who did what...
And I'm backing Jurgen all the way!

Any favourite's in the tent yet?

I love watching bake off, nearly missed it on Tuesday, had forgotten about it during my current crazy week.
I am impressed with Giuseppe’s bakes too. I don’t like to guess at who's in with a chance to win until nearer the end though.
🍰

I won't spoil it for those who have yet to catch up but lets just say tonight's result was sehr gut!

Great mix of people. We always record it so we can fast forward through the adverts. Haven't seen tonight's episode yet. I liked Jürgen very much last week. It is nice to finally see a 'normal' German on English tv who is not reduced to a stereotyped Dad's Army or 'Allo 'Allo level or playing with the stereotype as a stand-up comedian.

I fell for Jurgen straight away when I saw his family playing music together. Then there were those eyebrows! I really hoped he'd be good at baking so we'd see more of him. And at the end of the first week when he tried to phone home with his news and no-one answered he could see the funny side 😂

This week we noticed one baker talking repeatedly about being a perfectionist... but theirs were some of the messiest bakes on the show! Crystelle and Freya both had equally good hair so daughter was still torn until she saw Freya had a horse and that swung it.

All lovely talented people. I’m not keen on cake/biscuits but I’m in awe of their creativity. I used to love baking with my mum and the little girl in the opening credits reminds me of those happy times. I passed O and A level Home Economics/Food and Nutrition and didn’t bake for at least 20years. My last attempt was to make a Victoria sandwich which looked like 2 pancakes stuck together. I guess practice makes perfect 🤪

Back