• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Barley rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member A

Reaction score
I ordered some of these from animal magic, does anyone else feed these to their piggies?

Do you feed them whole or add water to make a mash?

:rose

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was going to order these with my last order but like you I wasn't quite sure how to feed them so didn't bother. Interested to know how others feed them to their piggies too. I tried them with the flaked peas but they're not too interested though they seem to a big hit with other folks piggies.

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feed them whole as well but as they are fattening they only get one once a week. I also give flaked peas. The girls weren't sure at first but I persisted with handfeeding them and now they all queue up. :(|)

Holidayhutch

Reaction score
Ours have a couple a week each dry as they are. It helps to grind down their teeth too as an extra from hay munching :)

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feed them to my outdoor piggies to help them maintain weight in winter and give a few to my piggies inside to chew on although they do not go down well indoors. Mine do love porricge though so I might try them in a mash form to see if they prefer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.