• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bath mats

Hi! :)
Do these bath mats look okay for piggies? :)
Bath mats

I don’t know if I would personally buy them just due to the fact if they chewed through and started eating the foam within. If your piggies aren’t chewers then perhaps you could.

they really love the microfibre bath mats!

I would say no, you want to avoid the none slip ones and like said above they might chew the foam you want the noodle type ones! We have the ones from IKEA and they are great!

Those ones will hold the wee and not wick it through. You want the noodle type ones
TOFTBO grey-white mélange, Bath mat - IKEA
Thank you so much!
I was looking for mats similar to those but couldn’t find them in a darker color. Do you know of anywhere to buy darker ones? I tried a few options from Amazon, but they have all been super difficult to sweep on.
I really appreciate your help!

Thank you so much!
I was looking for mats similar to those but couldn’t find them in a darker color. Do you know of anywhere to buy darker ones? I tried a few options from Amazon, but they have all been super difficult to sweep on.
I really appreciate your help!
Have you looked in Dunelm they do lots of colours, also the super markets tend to do them too!

Thank you so much, everyone!
Unfortunately, I am in the US (You are right, @VickiA! :) )
I really appreciate all of your help, though!
I think I might just buy the bath mats from Amazon again, even though they are difficult to clean. Maybe I can buy a small vacuum, as well. Have you guys used vacuums around your piggies?
Thanks! :)

I’ve used my vacuum (Dyson pet type pull along) around my two boys. They are used to it - I haven’t used in their home tho. They might get used to it if it’s quiet?
You could use a stiff brush - I find that works very well.

Walmart has excellent noodle mats that I use for my Guinea pigs and they are around 5 dollars each. I’d see if there are any there! I’ve attached a photo of a few I have.

Attachments

• E2597BEC-82CD-4A2B-A9E5-7A37CDFDD9D9.jpeg
    E2597BEC-82CD-4A2B-A9E5-7A37CDFDD9D9.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 38
I have wondered for a while about bath mats... what is the purpose of including them? I am a complete convert to fleece, but I’m not sure what benefit the bath mats bring additionally?

I have wondered for a while about bath mats... what is the purpose of including them? I am a complete convert to fleece, but I’m not sure what benefit the bath mats bring additionally?
For me, I use them for convenience. I place bath mats where my two pigs sleep the most and I am able to quickly change the mats every day. By doing this, I am creating less mess on my fleece and I get to change my entire cage less often.

For me I put the bath mats at the “hay area” of the cage, hay shakes off the bath mats much easier than fleece so just means I don’t have to spend ages sweeping loads of hay off the fleece liner!

My hay area is 2 plastic trays (for shoes from argos) kind of grow bags with lower sides lined with newspaper covered in hay with a magazine rack full of hay.

The rest of the cage is fleece.P_20201224_093950.jpgP_20201225_150244.jpgP_20210102_150027.jpgP_20210102_145929.jpg

Back