• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bathing A New Guinea Pig

You have already been asked but which part of the US are you in.
I am sure it is possible to get a rabbit within a reasonable distance. Most humane societies have them come in on a pretty regular basis.
I live in Southwestern Missouri. I know there is a humane society near by but I looked online and there are only dog and cat adoptions.

I live in Southwestern Missouri. I know there is a humane society near by but I looked online and there are only dog and cat adoptions.
You’ll have to consider travelling further afield to get your rabbit a friend.
Guinea Lynx :: US Guinea Pig Rescue and Shelter Organizations

If you are so set on guinea pigs then sort out your rabbit out first. Then you can look at rescues for the guinea pigs.

How come you’re now allowed to get them? You said before you weren’t allowed and had to do something for the next 45 days. What has changed about your circumstances?

Please remember that many humane society's simply do not have the time to put all the animals on their website.
Plus many will use foster carers if they don't have adequate facilities on site.

The best place to start would be call or e-mail them and explain you are looking for a rabbit to pair with yours, and ask if they can recommend a responsible place or person to contact.

Additionally it looks like there are plenty of rabbit rescue places in Missouri.
Missouri Rabbit Rescue Groups

They may not be right on your doorstep, but a few hour round trip to make your own bunny happy, and offer a rescue animal a chance of a new life isn't unreasonable. The trip to collect our current male rabbit (to partner our bereaved doe) was 2 hours each way. Including the time spent when we collected him and started the bonding process onsite the whole day took over 6 hours, but was well, well worth it.

I know of members on here who have travelled much further than that to collected adopted pets too, so please don't let a slightly longer journey put you off.

hey may not be right on your doorstep, but a few hour round trip to make your own bunny happy, and offer a rescue animal a chance of a new life isn't unreasonable. The trip to collect our current male rabbit (to partner our bereaved doe) was 2 hours each way. Including the time spent when we collected him and started the bonding process onsite the whole day took over 6 hours, but was well, well worth it.
I had a 4 hour round trip x 2 when I adopted Patsy. I took my 2 piggies up to the Rescue, the Rescue bonded them with Patsy and 3 weeks later I went back and collected 3 happy piggies.

You’ll have to consider travelling further afield to get your rabbit a friend.
Guinea Lynx :: US Guinea Pig Rescue and Shelter Organizations

If you are so set on guinea pigs then sort out your rabbit out first. Then you can look at rescues for the guinea pigs.

How come you’re now allowed to get them? You said before you weren’t allowed and had to do something for the next 45 days. What has changed about your circumstances?
Oh no, haha, I'm still not getting them until a month or two. I'm just preparing for them right now.

As said multiple times, you need to think about getting your rabbit sorted before considering another pet.

Please remember that many humane society's simply do not have the time to put all the animals on their website.
Plus many will use foster carers if they don't have adequate facilities on site.

The best place to start would be call or e-mail them and explain you are looking for a rabbit to pair with yours, and ask if they can recommend a responsible place or person to contact.

Additionally it looks like there are plenty of rabbit rescue places in Missouri.
Missouri Rabbit Rescue Groups

They may not be right on your doorstep, but a few hour round trip to make your own bunny happy, and offer a rescue animal a chance of a new life isn't unreasonable. The trip to collect our current male rabbit (to partner our bereaved doe) was 2 hours each way. Including the time spent when we collected him and started the bonding process onsite the whole day took over 6 hours, but was well, well worth it.

I know of members on here who have travelled much further than that to collected adopted pets too, so please don't let a slightly longer journey put you off.
Okay, I'll take a look around the country.

It will give you time to bulk up your vet find as well.

Back