bathtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tonight I have bathed 32 piggies ! Here is the routine .
1 .Put 3-4 inches of warm water in bath
2.Put big soft towels in 3 large cardboard boxes
3. make sure I have gorgeous guineas shampoo ,nail scissors and ivermectin spray at the ready 4Collect first 5 piggies and gently put them in the bath.
5Shampoo each piggie to loud protests from the bossy ones .
6Let the water out of the bath and gently rinse the piggies with warm shower--by this time they are quite enjoying it!
7. pop them in the first box on the towel and cover the box with another towel and leave them for a little while whilst I get the bath ready for the next 5.
8 Do the same thing with the next five and whilst they are in the box after their bath take the first box towel the piggies and finish them off with a cool hair dryer.
9Carry on in the same way till all piggies are bathed and dried then take each piggie and do a nail trim and spray with ivermectin. 2 squirts each on the bald patch behind the ears
10 Result 32 clean sweet piggies .one exhausted owner,and a pile of wet towels for the wash.
IT TOOK THREE HOURS BUT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT.
FINALLY GIVE ALL PIGGIES A SPECIAL TREAT OF BANANA

christine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You must have that down to a fine art. I dread to think how much laundry that must create for you!

It is not the washing its the drying!Still the piggies are looking lovely,wish I could wory out how to post photos from my camera phonerolleyes

Jacs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
wow i am impressed 32 piggies :))

I remember bathing my George (my previous piggie) it was a nightmare he hated it :)) I have not bathed my new piggies yet I can't say I am looking forward to it :))

Status
Not open for further replies.