• Issues with online booking at The Cat & Rabbit Clinic in Northampton. Read more here
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Baxter & Beatrix (Bunnies)

Louise's Zoo

Forum Donator 2017/18
Beatrix is now aprox 13 weeks old and has grown so much. She is now nearly 1kg. I think she is a mini lop cross so I don't expect her to get big but she was a little underweight when I got her. She is super tame now and is such a sweet girl. Her ears are huge compared to Baxter's stumpy nethie size ears :xd:

DSCN2998.JPG

DSCN3001.JPG

DSCN3003.JPG

DSCN3004.JPG
Baxter is doing great after his castration. Nearly 3 weeks post op and he's off all meds now and his scrotum has shrunk right down. His incision site is nearly healed up, just a bit of scab remaining. He also needs the fur on his ear to grow back after it was shaved so he could have a line in!

DSCN3005.JPG

DSCN3006.JPG

DSCN3008.JPG

DSCN3009.JPG

Just over 3 weeks till they can be bonded but I am unsure as to whether I should wait until I have Beatrix done before attempting to bond. They seem fine with each other now (through the bars) but I'm worried if I bond them before she's done and her hormones flare up, it could cause issues. Hmm. Any advice?

Swissgreys

Forum Buddy
The main issue with bonding them before her op would be keeping them apart afterwards might be stressful for both of them.
If they haven't lived together yet then they won't have to be separated and she can recover in peace.
I know some rabbits can go back together immediately, but if she is sore from the op and he tries to hump her you may need to separate them.

Louise's Zoo

Forum Donator 2017/18
The main issue with bonding them before her op would be keeping them apart afterwards might be stressful for both of them.
If they haven't lived together yet then they won't have to be separated and she can recover in peace.
I know some rabbits can go back together immediately, but if she is sore from the op and he tries to hump her you may need to separate them.
That's a really good point. I hadn't thought of that. I think I will wait. It will be worth it in the end. Just means that it will be another couple of months before they can be together.

I need to check with the vet but I don't think she can be done till 6 months old.