• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Be warned. This post will upset you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

As a few of you know I went to Naples in Florida for my 2nd week of my holiday. I was shopping in a mall spending load sof money when I saw a pet shop and decided to see if I could buy anything fo rthe cats and piggies. Well I couldnt believe what I saw.

First of all before going in they had rabbits on one sidein the window for sell and dogs on the other side. Then as I walked in there was about 25/30 cages with dogs in. EVERY single dog was asleep which seemed very strange that not one dog was awake and alert. 1 dog that was asleep didnt look right either. As I proceeded to do through the shop there were 2 kittens in a chipmunk type cage and they were asleep too. This seemed very strange. It was so upsetting. My mum had to leave the shop but I wanted to see for myself.

The other I also noticed that the guinea pigs and rabbits had NO hay only pellets. Also no fruit/veg either. The gunieas were so so so scared. They were in a clear plastic round box thing with holes on the top and it was in teh middle of the shop. porr things. The other thing was the shop seemed TOO clean. Do you knwo what I mean? strange.

I walked out of the shop without buying anything.

If there is a member who knows the laws on what pet shops can sell and also is it normal practice to sedate the animals so they dont make much noise. cos that was what it looked like. I have report it to the ASPCA (this is the smae as RSPCA) so we will see.

I would be too, please keep us posted on how you get on.

That's disgusting and so sad :'(

you can report this! please! animals must have a cetain amount of space in a pet shop in the states. they can put in an investigation just coz you ask. the aspca is very strict about things like that. if food and water/hay is lacking, they can get fined or even sent to jail for up to 5 years!

That sounds promising then. I will let oyu know what happens. The pet shop was called Animal Magnetism in Coastland Mall Naples, Florida. I think Kaoskat lives in florida but not sure where though.

kool. maybe you can ask her. maybe she knows more than me. but i hop all turns out well. good luck... ;)

I went in a garden centre/pet store near Plymouth a few weeks ago and saw 7 piggies in a cage not nearly big enough for 2! They had wood shavings, no food and no hay and had all squeezed themself into a little house together. There were other cages that were bigger that only had 1 pig in. I tried to talk to a member of staff about it but she got uppity about it, so I have emailed a complaint to the head office, haven't heard back from them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back