Bean Burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm making some next week, they do look very nice. I was wondering for you vegetarians what spices/veg you like with it?
As I'm not sure about what to have with it yet lol:xd:

Critter

Reaction score
Well, though not a vegetarian I am partial to veggie meals. A pinch of chilli, cayenne pepper, garlic and ground black pepper goes nice, but seriously, just a pinch! :)

Critter

Reaction score
@Critter do you cook the beans before you mix them with the veg?
Yes. I would take a look on the packet or the tin and cook them accordingly, on their own, and then mix with the other ingredients, form into burgers and lightly cook :) The beans will need thorough cooking to make them safe to eat, but the rest only lightly to keep the full flavour and nutrients :)
Chilli benefits from being lightly and gently fried, it brings out a better flavour, so if your recipe allows then that is good too :) I recommend butter, not oil, and on a low heat.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes. I would take a look on the packet or the tin and cook them accordingly, on their own, and then mix with the other ingredients, form into burgers and lightly cook :) The beans will need thorough cooking to make them safe to eat, but the rest only lightly to keep the full flavour and nutrients :)
Chilli benefits from being lightly and gently fried, it brings out a better flavour, so if your recipe allows then that is good too :) I recommend butter, not oil, and on a low heat.
Thank you :DRecorded :D

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you for all your advice guys! Will report back tomorrow if they taste any good, I wonder if a bit of cheese in the center would be alright :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.