• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bean Burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm making some next week, they do look very nice. I was wondering for you vegetarians what spices/veg you like with it?
As I'm not sure about what to have with it yet lol:xd:

Well, though not a vegetarian I am partial to veggie meals. A pinch of chilli, cayenne pepper, garlic and ground black pepper goes nice, but seriously, just a pinch! :)

@Critter do you cook the beans before you mix them with the veg?
Yes. I would take a look on the packet or the tin and cook them accordingly, on their own, and then mix with the other ingredients, form into burgers and lightly cook :) The beans will need thorough cooking to make them safe to eat, but the rest only lightly to keep the full flavour and nutrients :)
Chilli benefits from being lightly and gently fried, it brings out a better flavour, so if your recipe allows then that is good too :) I recommend butter, not oil, and on a low heat.

Yes. I would take a look on the packet or the tin and cook them accordingly, on their own, and then mix with the other ingredients, form into burgers and lightly cook :) The beans will need thorough cooking to make them safe to eat, but the rest only lightly to keep the full flavour and nutrients :)
Chilli benefits from being lightly and gently fried, it brings out a better flavour, so if your recipe allows then that is good too :) I recommend butter, not oil, and on a low heat.
Thank you :DRecorded :D

Thank you for all your advice guys! Will report back tomorrow if they taste any good, I wonder if a bit of cheese in the center would be alright :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back