• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Beans Has Became Very Aggressive

Maple is quite young isn't she? Someone said about Binky that her seasons should settle and become less strong as she gets older now (1) I don't know if that is bunkum and (2) its Binky causing the chaos not the others but I wonder if Maples seasons are strong and tht is what is causing it?

Also the hormone injections for cysts do they suppress seasons?
Yeah she's about 9 months now. I feel so bad for her, It's not her causing any problems it's just Beans goes absolutely crazy when Maple is in season, neither pig eats much because Maple is too busy trying to run and hide and Beans is too busy trying to follow her everywhere to eat... someone mentioned adding in a neutered boar to maybe help keep the peace, but I really don't think Beans would accept that, she is very stubborn and doesn't like anyone else being in charge now..

Yeah she's about 9 months now. I feel so bad for her, It's not her causing any problems it's just Beans goes absolutely crazy when Maple is in season, neither pig eats much because Maple is too busy trying to run and hide and Beans is too busy trying to follow her everywhere to eat... someone mentioned adding in a neutered boar to maybe help keep the peace, but I really don't think Beans would accept that, she is very stubborn and doesn't like anyone else being in charge now..
Oh dear. Poor Beans and poor little Maple. They like to keep us on our toes don’t they.

My neutered boar is second in command - Biscuit rules the roost. He is a little bit erm special (he couldn't organise a *** up in a brewery let alone head the herd). It may be that careful introductions would help (we took a few weeks to introduce Biscuit and Jet).

My neutered boar is second in command - Biscuit rules the roost. He is a little bit erm special (he couldn't organise a *** up in a brewery let alone head the herd). It may be that careful introductions would help (we took a few weeks to introduce Biscuit and Jet).
One of my boars is the same! I prefer to say that he’s a gentleman! Lol

One of my boars is the same! I prefer to say that he’s a gentleman! Lol

You would need to meet him to fully understand, and I know I shouldn't have favourites but he is mine, I adore him from the tip of his furry nose to his little furry trousers but there are days I look at him and think 'at what point did you consider it to be a good thing to actually do that'....

I read on here that when adding a third guinea pig it works best if the original pair have a strong bond. A neutered boar wont improve things necessarily.

Best of luck it is such a tricky situation.

Back