• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya - I'm so glad to hear you are looking into buying lots of lovely things for Reggie, it really is exciting. What sort of cage are you looking for?

Sandra - your cage looks fab, what kind of size is it and where did you get it from? I'm looking into getting a new cage as I'd like to keep my two inside now. They've only been outside during the day in the recent summer that we've had, then I always bring them in in the night.

At the moment I have got him an indoor cage as I have got him in the dining room now the weather is dropping abit cold.
my Auntie however has got a lovely cage she is going to give me, it is an outdoor cage and much better. x

i had one of those, you will find his belly is wet if he's in it for long periods, not sure really what you can do. i gave up when my 2 both tried to sit in it and bought the other one without a bottom, now they have cardboard boxes and wooden sticks to hide under.

Wow your cage is fab :)
How many piggies do you keep in the cage?
I love the little step and hiding area. My cage was given to me by the rescue place but didnt have anything like that in it.
I was hoping I could maybe order something like that off the internet, do you think this is possible?
x

I have two boars between 5 and 6 months. I'm not sure about whether you can order ramps or not. It's a really good cage but not the easiest to get into for cleaning.

Hiya - I'm so glad to hear you are looking into buying lots of lovely things for Reggie, it really is exciting. What sort of cage are you looking for?

Sandra - your cage looks fab, what kind of size is it and where did you get it from? I'm looking into getting a new cage as I'd like to keep my two inside now. They've only been outside during the day in the recent summer that we've had, then I always bring them in in the night.

I got the cage from zooplus. It's 4ft by 2ft and has two ledges with ramps. Tried to get the link for you but they don't seem to have it anymore :(

Last edited:
Hi. I'm constantly changing/adding things to my piggy cage and play area.

In their cage iv got vetbed down for them, then 3 houses (1's a cardboard house) with fleece blankets under them, one i made a small pillow like bed. i also made a cosy pouch (look at pic on the side) definitely recommend you making one or ill be happy to make one for you if you like because they love it drool. then their cage opens out to the play area where Ive bought couple metres of pvc tablecloth to put on the floor. which is so easy to clean good job really as i have 3 very messy boys who like to do their business where ever they please haha rolleyes
their food is in the play area. Ive bought them tunnel sticks, a hay tunnel, willow ball (which they seem to have eaten half of it, so now i hide food in there as extra treat. then over the other side i got 2 big cardboard boxes and put a fleece blanket down inside them so its a nice cosy dark place for them. I dont ever lock the boys in their cage they are free to run around whenever they please.

bedding and litter trays

Hi,

I'm pretty new to guinea pigs and this forum. I have just ordered a Fernplast 140 with the intention of getting 2 piggies for my daughter after Christmas. I am just wondering about the litter trays mentioned. Didn't think piggies were toilet trainable and were likely to poop and pee whereever and whenever. Am I wrong? If so, what is the best way to decide where to put the litter tray and what should it have in it?

Also, with the Fernplast 140 I probably need an inside run, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back