• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDRB_TP

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I use Bedmax, a type of horse bedding. The breeder I got my girls off used this, and recommended it.

However, after doing a bit of research, I've found out that it's made of "renewable pine timber", or as someone on another forum said - kiln-dried pine. Apparently there has been a bit of confusion about using this, where it will hurt your piggie or not?

Just wondered what you guys thought and would recommend, and I don't have any of the more popular beddings for sale around my area, so I'm a bit stuck for choice.
Also, with winter coming up, I was concerned about putting them on fleece for winter as they are outside, and I thought they might get a bit chilly.

Thank you! (:

i use megazorb and vet bed...
vet bed is actually designed to hold the heat under the animal...
i use vetbed in the hutches in my shed... my shed is having a kennel heater fitted...
megazorb is great stuff... i use that with the bunnies becuase they eat vet bed...:^-
megazorb is horse bedding aswell...
x

i use megazorb and vet bed...
vet bed is actually designed to hold the heat under the animal...
i use vetbed in the hutches in my shed... my shed is having a kennel heater fitted...
megazorb is great stuff... i use that with the bunnies becuase they eat vet bed...:^-
megazorb is horse bedding aswell...
x

Thanks for that. My local stables are going to order some in especially, so that's good! :) Should be here tomorrow - yay!
xx

my sows have allergy reactions when I used shaved woods which is mainly pine.
I start looking and found than megazorb much better and cheaper - but it need to cover with something on the top.I used hay for it.But vet bed even better.
I washed it and it come even cheaper.
I spent like 13.50 pounds megazorb bag for every 2 month for my 4 pigs.9 weeks is was about 13-18 packs of wood shaving (was like 16-22 pounds)

But vet bed we spent like 60 pounds to cover all areas 10 months already and condition of vet bed stays same.

I think fleece would be a winner on here, it is very popular and used by ALOT of members, when we move out and i have my own washing machine i will be converting to fleece, people use it all year round in cages etc, piggies love it and there is no risk of allergies to anything or dust.

Good news! Yesterday I purchased a pack of Megazorb which I just cleaned out about an hour ago. It seems much softer than the previous bedding, and the girls seem to be okay with it. Also, it doesn't seem to be getting stuck in Tallulah's hair so far - fingers crossed!

Plus, I love the smell! It's soooo nice!
If anyone was wondering where to get it, try this page, it will tell you where all the stockists are.
However, I simply asked my local equestrian centre if they could order a bag in for me and they did! Also, it was very cheap at only £6.99.

I took a few pictures of it if anyone wishes to know what it's like. :)

IMG_2714.jpg

*Featuring Lily, Penelope & Tallulah*

IMG_2703.jpg

Thank you everyone for your help. C:
___

Best regards,
Isabella, Tallulah, Penelope & Lily.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back