• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Been To The Vets, I Could Cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its not a cat but I inject my little dog twice a day and I first I was terrified he would associate me with pain but he is fine with it. It was me who was a nervous wreck.

I'm sorry it was awful for you both :(
How's things now?

Also, is she on a food for cat with kidney/urinary problems? As I know a cat that has that sort of food due to his kidney problems x

Things are okay! Shes had two wee's one inside the litter trey and one outside... And she wasn't then straining for ages after either so I think its better! Just need to keep an eye on her. Make sure she's weeing daily!

Yeahh she's on renal, but she isn't a massive fan, she doesn't mind royal canin chicken, tuna and beef wet food but she doesn't like royal canin dry food, and sometimes she accidentally gets some adult food from the other cats. She also gets senior wet food, which is better than adult. We're finding it really tough to get her on fully renal ;(

I know its not a cat but I inject my little dog twice a day and I first I was terrified he would associate me with pain but he is fine with it. It was me who was a nervous wreck.

Thats what I'm most scared of! I think that in the end they know your doing good?
Did you know how to give injections or did your vet show you?

Things are okay! Shes had two wee's one inside the litter trey and one outside... And she wasn't then straining for ages after either so I think its better! Just need to keep an eye on her. Make sure she's weeing daily!

Yeahh she's on renal, but she isn't a massive fan, she doesn't mind royal canin chicken, tuna and beef wet food but she doesn't like royal canin dry food, and sometimes she accidentally gets some adult food from the other cats. She also gets senior wet food, which is better than adult. We're finding it really tough to get her on fully renal ;(
Oh bless her, gave you tried soaking the dry food? So it's wet?

She did show us but at first I was terrible I had to get people to help me I just got in a real tiss but honestly this was to do with my confidence now I just WAP it in and Webster (my little dog ) just doesn't bother. If we are a little late in doing it he comes and tells us. I know its scarey but I promise it will get easier as your confidence grows.

Oh bless her, gave you tried soaking the dry food? So it's wet?

Ohhh... No I haven't! Thats a good idea actually! Wow thank you! Why didnt I think of that! ;D! I'll try that! Thank you! :D :D :D

She did show us but at first I was terrible I had to get people to help me I just got in a real tiss but honestly this was to do with my confidence now I just WAP it in and Webster (my little dog ) just doesn't bother. If we are a little late in doing it he comes and tells us. I know its scarey but I promise it will get easier as your confidence grows.

Oh gosh I think thats how I'll be! Awwh how good is your dog! My other cat has to have daily medication but syringe full of liquid into the mouth and he jumps up onto the table and waits for me to do it, he gets quite annoyed if I'm late too!
It's good to know that other people are nervous in the beginning, makes me feel as if I'm not being silly and it's natural to feel this way. Thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back