• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Belly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I know its probably nothing for me to worry about but tonight when I was holding Reggie I noticed his belly was alot larger than normal, it felt ever so plump then I suddenly had a worry he is a girl and could be pregnant lol!

Hubby said "not a chance he's a girl with the size of those b******s" lol! :(|)

But also when I tried to feel his tummy gently he got a little uneasy with me and didnt like it. Normally he doesnt seem to fussed.

Hope someone can help x

Could be a touch of mild bloat, sounds pretty typical of it. Distended (swollen) abdomen, pain on touching or palpating it.

Is he eating and pooping normally? What has he had to eat in the past 12-24 hours (thinking specifically of what veg he's had)?

I hope he is okay. He is now in his igloo sleeping. His poops are normal. Nothing appears to be wrong but it could just be me worrying. I will see how he feels in the morning.

In the last 24 hours hes had a bowl of guinea pig mix, some apple, cucumber, tomatoes and carrots. x

Last edited:
Nothing there really strikes me as being associated with bloat... Any grass at all, or have you introduced Readigrass or anything like that into the diet lately?

If you are concerned he fits the bill for mild bloat, with the fact his tummy looks a lot bigger than normal and he has the sensitivity, you could dose with either 1ml Gripe Water or 0.5ml Infacol. (Dosage is variable, but as a starting point for most mild cases like this, I administer and advise these doses).

hes not had anything different lately. I will see how he is tomorrow. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back