• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bertie's gone!

rhymer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Absolutely devastated!
On the 4th of August Bertie my beautiful 1 year old ginger tabby escaped out of the bathroom window about 9.30pm.
Saw him as he disappeared over the fence. Called to him and shook his treat tin . Nothing.
Since then there have been no sightings of him.
I've walked the roads around our house day and night, put up fliers, advertised on Facebook in local groups, posted leaflets and knocked on neighbours doors. Nothing.
No one has reported finding his collar or his body.
Notified our local vet and the RSPCA.
His is mircochipped and neutered.
I've left his litter tray outside and sprinkled used cat litter in the garden.
I just can't believe that he's gone and no one has seen him.
My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know what else to do!

Attachments

• IMG_20190902_191436.jpg
    IMG_20190902_191436.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12
So sorry to hear this.
Will spread the news around in case he’s wandered away from Wallasey
If you have any posters etc I can put some out - if you want me to do that pm me and I’ll give you my address

How worrying! Fingers crossed he saunters back home wondering what all the fuss is about

I am sorry Bertie has made a run for it, you must be so devastated x
Don’t loose heart though, our neighbours cat went missing and after about 3-4 years they got a call from a local vet who had scanned a microchipped cat brought in unwell from the local Premier Inn. He had turned up as a stray a few years before and been fed and very well looked after, someone had even built a little shelter for him as he wasn’t allowed in the kitchen. They got him back so they ended up with 4 cats, his mate and two replacement brothers!
Hope Bertie turns up soon x

Absolutely devastated!
On the 4th of August Bertie my beautiful 1 year old ginger tabby escaped out of the bathroom window about 9.30pm.
Saw him as he disappeared over the fence. Called to him and shook his treat tin . Nothing.
Since then there have been no sightings of him.
I've walked the roads around our house day and night, put up fliers, advertised on Facebook in local groups, posted leaflets and knocked on neighbours doors. Nothing.
No one has reported finding his collar or his body.
Notified our local vet and the RSPCA.
His is mircochipped and neutered.
I've left his litter tray outside and sprinkled used cat litter in the garden.
I just can't believe that he's gone and no one has seen him.
My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know what else to do!
So sorry. praying you find him soon 💓

Thank you for all your support. There is still no sign of Bertie and we are slowly fearing the worst and trying to come to terms that we may never find out what happened to him or see him again.
The guilt and heartache is unbearable at the moment.

So sorry @rhymer :hug:Really hope you can get some news and find him. You definitely shouldn’t feel guilty though xx

Update.
Got a phone call on Friday from someone several roads away saying they had found a ginger cat(deceased) in their garden.
Went to see it and it was Bertie. Looks like he was hit by a car and managed to hide in their children's old play house. Must have happened not long after he escaped as he was not looking good and had been dead a while.
Absolutely devastated and heartbroken that he died alone. He was only a baby.
At least we got to bring him home and he is now buried under his favourite tree in the garden.
Sleep tight little Bertie bottomus, love you so so much. So sorry we let you down. In the short time we shared with you, you brought so much love and not to our lives.
Have fun at the rainbow 🌈bridge. Xxxxxxxx

I’m so, so sorry to hear that @rhymer :( :(
But you definitely didn’t let him down at all and did everything you could to try and find him. Massive hugs, sorry you didn’t get better news. But I’m pleased you could get him home with you again under his favourite tree.
Sleep tight beautiful Bertie xxxxx

So sorry you found him that way. It's good that you found him and could say goodbye properly. Sending you hugs x

So, so sorry to read this.
I was wondering whether there was any news of Bertie.
I’m glad you know what happened and have had the chance to bury him at home.
Be gentle with yourself now and take time to grieve

Back