• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Best cameras for monitoring?

fournakedpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, all! Hoping you can help as I get quite overwhelmed when searching online at the sheer number of monitoring devices that exist now! I'm pretty useless at technology, so pardon me if this is a silly question.

Basically, I've been having lots of increased anxiety when we're not home with our boys (one of them is chronically ill, and the stress of not being able to see him is really getting to us). I'd like a decent camera to check in on them. A few things:

- Our house has very few plugs, so I don't know if they make decent wireless cameras or how that would work, but that'd be a preference. If not, we'll figure out a wired solution, so those are fine, too!
- Ideally, I'd like a system that we can both check in on them via our phones. I'm not sure if cameras only allow like one user or not.
- We are in the US, so that may limit suggestions here, but I'm willing to order from overseas if there's something absolutely amazing. Mosby.jpg

I have a TP-link tapo c100, which was very cheap. I don't know if it's available in the US though? It needs a power supply but uses the WiFi. I've been really impressed with it. Both I and pig uncle have the app on our phones with pig uncle being a "guest", so we can both watch it.

Another vote here for the Tapo brand cameras. They link to an app and you can have multiple devices logged into your account so you can keep an eye on the piggies.

I have the c200 pan and tilt one. It records and takes photos, allows you to speak through it and also has a good range of movement so you can move the lens to where your pigs are. The night vision is decent too.

We have ours mounted above the window so it looks down on the room...the wire is a decent length to get it to the nearest socket.

I have a TP-link tapo c100, which was very cheap. I don't know if it's available in the US though? It needs a power supply but uses the WiFi. I've been really impressed with it. Both I and pig uncle have the app on our phones with pig uncle being a "guest", so we can both watch it.
Thank you! We definitely both need to be able to check in, so that’s really helpful. Poor Moe, he can never get a moment’s peace around here. 😂

Another vote here for the Tapo brand cameras. They link to an app and you can have multiple devices logged into your account so you can keep an eye on the piggies.

I have the c200 pan and tilt one. It records and takes photos, allows you to speak through it and also has a good range of movement so you can move the lens to where your pigs are. The night vision is decent too.

We have ours mounted above the window so it looks down on the room...the wire is a decent length to get it to the nearest socket.
Thanks so much! I’m definitely going to look into them. It does appear I can get them here, so yay.

Back