• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Best shampoo for mites

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hairdi

What shampoo do you find best for mites ? I have one pair of boys who seem to be very sensitive to mites. At the moment I use Johnsons, but is there something better ?

Hi Diane,

I've got a about 4 huge bottles of aromatherapy shampoo for mites, i can put some in a container for you and send it with your spoons i'm making.
I also have a big box full of essential oils sprays, one of them is called cosy bed, and it is meant to deter mites and ticks etc.... i'll be happy to give you these for free! ;)

i have lots of other ones too, like calming spray and ones for arthitis and stuff.

Jeanette

:o Hi Mary, the new lotions are surpose to be good, there use to be only two lotions for head lice and they were change over each year because the lice get use to them, but with the new lotions that is not surpose to happen( hairdresser talking )

hairdi

just been to look through my box, here is a list of what i have...all of them where bought from the RSPCA awhile back, they got them in because the bottles were dented or labels abit discoloured. But that shouldn't effect the product inside.

Treatment shampoo- for dandruff or flaky skin contains tea tree and patchouli
Lemon anti-flea shampoo- contains lemonrass and eucalyptus
Herbal shampoo- contains rosemary and lavender, for a shiny coat
Camomile shampoo with conditioner - conatains camomile and rosemary

Pet calm spray - contains camomile, marjoram and lavender for trips to the vets etc..
Bug off spray - contains eucalyptus and lavender to discourage fleas, tick and parasites
Stroll easy - contains lavender and rosemary useful for pets with arthritis and stiffness
Cat scratch spray - conatins Valerian to make cats strach somewhere other than your brand new sofa :)
Anti-mate spray contains bergamot eucalyptus and thyme for pets hind quarters. helps keep unwanted mates at bay.

If anyone wants a bottle of anything, just tell me. All i ask for is postage cost. I need to get rid of some of them...i have hundreds haha

Jeanette

I use prioderm shampoo (not lotion). It is available from chemists. I shampoo them in the prioderm and leave it on for a couple of minutes, if the piggy will stay still that long! Rinse off. If you think it may be fungal, after that, then shampoo with nizarol, which is also available at the chemist. I read about these on the Peter Gurney website so they must be good! Also neem oil is supposed to be effective but I've never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back