• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Big Forum Update! Please read for details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
[fontgorgia]Hi thr ovr last night an this morning I hav bn upating th look an faturs of this boar. So far I hav on...

[colorr]NTE - You will n to prss T F5 on prtty much vry pag, such as profil, thra, calnr, statistics. nc this has bn on all th imags shoul chang to nw ons. If you notic any littl imags which ar still ol on just prss th buttons. Whn this has bn on onc it will nvr hav to b on again. So on't worry.

Button hangs - Thr ar nw navigation an posting buttons, thy work th sam as th ol ons but just look a littl bttr.

A Smils - Som nw moving ons, but am still looking for anothr st.

Spll hck - This now works, now no xcuss for poor grammar lol.

Mark as ra - This now works, you can mark as ra, mark as unra. Do whatvr you want an it will work...

Quick Eit - You will s a littl icon to th right of your mssag, click it an it will allow you to quickly it whatvr you hav typ. So thr is no n to rloa th whol scrn again.

utlin Avatar - Hav a a small borr to th avatar just to mak it stan out a littl.

ast Post Button - n ach boar you will s a littl arrow nxt to ach thra, click this an it will tak you to th vry last mssag post. So no n to trawl through th whol thra.

Statistics ntr - Nw look, I hav chang it to non scrolling so that you can s th info a lot bttr an ci what you want to look at. Also a things such as most on-lin toay tc tc.

Mor Info For ast Post - Dos prtty much what it says, now ach post off th main boar has mor info, such as usrnam, tim, at an subjct.

AS ADDED!

Drop Down Mnu's - Whn you com to mak a nw topic or rply now you can choos th colour, siz an typ of font you rquir.

U inks - Whn you us to post a wb link an it was too long th forum woul just cut it off, but now you can post th link but giv it a nam... lik this for xampl [urlhttp://www.thguinapigforum.co.uk]Th Guina Pig Forum[/url]

If anyon is unhappy with anything, or coms up with any rrors or anything which os not look right to thm... plas ithr post hr or prsonal mssag m. r if you hav any improvmnts just say.

Hop vryon njoys it!
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so much in one night. I thought I was seeing things. The posting area is much larger and easier to read.

Can photos now be up to 700 pixels wide?

The new format looks great.

What if the most recent posts where at the top of the thread instead of the bottom? The chronology would be reversed.
(I'm a newbie and have no right to suggest anything).

Barbara Osborn said:
Wow, so much in one night. I thought I was seeing things. The posting area is much larger and easier to read.

Can photos now be up to 700 pixels wide?

The new format looks great.

What if the most recent posts where at the top of the thread instead of the bottom? The chronology would be reversed.
(I'm a newbie and have no right to suggest anything).

Thanks for the opinions... I will have to test the forum to see what size pics it can take, its not so much to do with the space, its more to do with the forum traffic and the amount of bandwidth used etc. But il see what I can do.

kellyandpiggies said:
The signatures bits at the bottom have gone now! Didn't you want them?

Yes we do want them at the minute I am trying to get a balance between new features and the amount of errors (less errors will mean more responsive and quicker forum) I have implemented all the features I can see we need at the minute but now its just getting them all to work together. Everytime someone looked at a post the post.template file was creating an error, and if you think how many views each thread has then that equals a lot, and this error log takes up a lot of space. But I'm still trying to get it all sorted so dont worry... :)

oh wow well done you, you must have been really busy! but it looks great love the smilies! :D

Added Loads more smilies... be sure to click on the more button and you will be shown all the new ones... yey!

2funny 0:) >:D ^-^ anim xx0 88) x8) 98) 666) :~D

The new forum looks really fab Ellie. That must have taken ages. I love the new format and the smileys. Well done ;D

yep and were looking for more... hows it going for everyone... no errors no problems?

Had half a week so far and the forum isnt creating an errors in the log, whereas it was thousands a day before... so everything should run a little bit quicker and better... always up for suggestions though

Luke - The Forum Janitor

yep, cheers Luke, you're fab! anim

No problems this end and it's certainly running quicker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back