• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Big, Ugly & Harmless

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
why would you do that! I literally just chucked my laptop and screamed! HOLY COW! ergh! ergh! ew ew ew ew ew ew fhaudhfuajkdhkjas.....

OK... as long as I dont scroll up...i'm good.. ergh, i think i'm going to cry... or be sick... or pass out or all of the above.

Isit poisonous? are you safe? WHY ARE YOU SO CLOSE TO IT?!?!?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
why would you do that! I literally just chucked my laptop and screamed! HOLY COW! ergh! ergh! ew ew ew ew ew ew fhaudhfuajkdhkjas.....

OK... as long as I dont scroll up...i'm good.. ergh, i think i'm going to cry... or be sick... or pass out or all of the above.

Isit poisonous? are you safe? WHY ARE YOU SO CLOSE TO IT?!?!?

Oh dear, didn't meant to frighten you so much! No it isn't poisonous. We have 3 poisonous spiders In OZ but they are tiny. The big ugly ones are actually harmless. If you can see the critter you are safe.

Oh dear, didn't meant to frighten you so much! No it isn't poisonous. We have 3 poisonous spiders In OZ but they are tiny. The big ugly ones are actually harmless. If you can see the critter you are safe.

Its okay :) I forgive you, I just was defiantly wasn't expecting it. So it was a shock... to say the least. I think the fact you cant see the poisonous ones is way more scary...
Is that a huntsman? They're the ones that jump right?! Have you ever seen a poisonous one?

Its okay :) I forgive you, I just was defiantly wasn't expecting it. So it was a shock... to say the least. I think the fact you cant see the poisonous ones is way more scary...
Is that a huntsman? They're the ones that jump right?! Have you ever seen a poisonous one?
No, the huntsman full grown is much bigger & very hairy - definitely the ugliest looking spider we have. I once found one in my bathroom whose body alone was the size of my palm. No haven't seen a poisonous one yet. Fortunately, unless you have the misfortune to live in Sydney, the 2 I am most likely to encounter are shy & reclusive. You just have to be careful where you stick your hand as they like to hide..

That's not at all reassuring, you're basically just in danger from little critters you can't even see! I always like the notion of visiting Australia, maybe even living there for a year or so but then I'm reminded of all the dangerous creatures and I think again!

No, the huntsman full grown is much bigger & very hairy - definitely the ugliest looking spider we have. I once found one in my bathroom whose body alone was the size of my palm. No haven't seen a poisonous one yet. Fortunately, unless you have the misfortune to live in Sydney, the 2 I am most likely to encounter are shy & reclusive. You just have to be careful where you stick your hand as they like to hide..

Oh my life... I dont think i'd be able to cope. Do you get them a lot in your house? like.. we get loads of spiders in our house (which I never deal with) but obviously there tiny compared to...that... and a huntsman! I can imagine having a massive spider in your house in Australia is like...normal?
Well.. Its a good thing you don't really see the poisonous ones but i'd still be terrified to look anywhere in case there was one of those beats staring at me!

For @sport_billy and @A&T One of our many big ugly (but totally harmless) spiders outside below my lounge window
In the words of Crocodile Dundee - that's not a spider - that's a spider! :lol!:

up-close-camel-spider.jpg

Oh my life... I dont think i'd be able to cope. Do you get them a lot in your house? like.. we get loads of spiders in our house (which I never deal with) but obviously there tiny compared to...that... and a huntsman! I can imagine having a massive spider in your house in Australia is like...normal?
Well.. Its a good thing you don't really see the poisonous ones but i'd still be terrified to look anywhere in case there was one of those beats staring at me!
Most of us get our homes sprayed once a year for spiders, ants & cockroaches - the 3 usual home invaders. You should see the size of our cockroaches!

Most of us get our homes sprayed once a year for spiders, ants & cockroaches - the 3 usual home invaders. You should see the size of our cockroaches!

no... no....not cockroaches too?! why?! Do you have the hissing ones?!
I like an ant...I think there cute little things, smart too.
Oh yeah ofcourse, I should have thought of that! Well.. at least your sort of protected in your own homes?1

See, now the soaps make it look like it's really easy to live in Australia but when you combine the faff of disinfecting all your outdoor equipment before even getting there and then the yearly house spray, and the fact that you would still have to check all your shoes and clothes before putting them on....it all sounds quite tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back