• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Billy

h_and_piggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wish I wasn’t posting this so soon after losing Ben (it’s only been a couple of months), but Billy, Ben’s brother, passed today. He’d been ‘off’ for a couple of months, and I’d been back and forth at the vets. Some medicine he seemed to pick back up on, then he went down, then he was on other medicine. But the past week he took a real turn for the worse and today he was diagnosed with Kidney stones. One kidney was completely blocked. He’d hidden it all pretty well. I decided to give him a chance, so the vet operated to try and remove, but he passed on the operating table.

Billy was the shyest out of all his brothers. Billy and Bertie were really bold and brave, and Billy was happy to follow their lead. I wasn’t sure if he’d ever be a people pig, as he was so timid and wary of me. But he got used to me, and quickly became an absolute diva. He loved his fuss and attention. He would put his paws on the bars and beg to be picked up. He even had a little game he’d play, when he’d put his paws up to be picked up and at the last minute he’d run off and look back at me as if to say “ha ha, I tricked you”.

He was also the smallest out of his brothers. Which earned him the nickname “little bill”. But that didn’t stop him trying to flip objects much bigger than he was with his nose. He loved to flip pigloos over. He knocked his front teeth out once because of his flipping habit. I had to find a new wooden house that was too heavy, but it didn’t stop him from trying.

He’ll be joining Ben on the rainbow bridge. They had a close bond, so I know he’ll be happy. Billy was 5 and a half. I thought I’d get more time with him, as at the beginning of the year he was so happy and full of life.

Rest in peace little buddy.

Attachments

• 37C91118-ECFE-4427-986F-4AE02E0AEE30.jpeg
    37C91118-ECFE-4427-986F-4AE02E0AEE30.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
  • C1AD9759-1076-4102-8830-465E1F8380C4.jpeg
    C1AD9759-1076-4102-8830-465E1F8380C4.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DE251AFC-4BE8-4D8D-A3A3-CAE810AA0C0C.jpeg
    DE251AFC-4BE8-4D8D-A3A3-CAE810AA0C0C.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 12
I'm so so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful boys. You certainly did do everything for them and it sounds like they were very loved.

Have fun over the rainbow bridge boys 🌈

Thinking of you at this difficult time 💗

So very sorry for the loss of both your beloved piggies. They were obviously much loved. Popcorn free across the rainbow bridge Billy, i'm sure that Ben will be very happy to see you again. ❤

Hello Everyone,

I wish I wasn’t posting this so soon after losing Ben (it’s only been a couple of months), but Billy, Ben’s brother, passed today. He’d been ‘off’ for a couple of months, and I’d been back and forth at the vets. Some medicine he seemed to pick back up on, then he went down, then he was on other medicine. But the past week he took a real turn for the worse and today he was diagnosed with Kidney stones. One kidney was completely blocked. He’d hidden it all pretty well. I decided to give him a chance, so the vet operated to try and remove, but he passed on the operating table.

Billy was the shyest out of all his brothers. Billy and Bertie were really bold and brave, and Billy was happy to follow their lead. I wasn’t sure if he’d ever be a people pig, as he was so timid and wary of me. But he got used to me, and quickly became an absolute diva. He loved his fuss and attention. He would put his paws on the bars and beg to be picked up. He even had a little game he’d play, when he’d put his paws up to be picked up and at the last minute he’d run off and look back at me as if to say “ha ha, I tricked you”.

He was also the smallest out of his brothers. Which earned him the nickname “little bill”. But that didn’t stop him trying to flip objects much bigger than he was with his nose. He loved to flip pigloos over. He knocked his front teeth out once because of his flipping habit. I had to find a new wooden house that was too heavy, but it didn’t stop him from trying.

He’ll be joining Ben on the rainbow bridge. They had a close bond, so I know he’ll be happy. Billy was 5 and a half. I thought I’d get more time with him, as at the beginning of the year he was so happy and full of life.

Rest in peace little buddy.
aww I'm so sorry to hear about this:(😥 but he was so adorable and sweet

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I’m just so devastated still, from both losing Ben and now Billy. I live on my own, and so throughout the pandemic it’s been tough, but because I had my piggies, I never really felt alone. Ben was really vocal, and Billy was always wanting fuss from me. So I’m really feeling the loss of these guys. They were my buddies. If it wasn’t for them, I would have had no one to say good morning to, or goodnight to, or get cuddles from.

I’d had guinea pigs as family pets since I was at uni, but these guys were my ‘first’ own piggies. They’d been abandoned as babies and someone found them in their garden. I adopted them from the rescue, as I saw their story and couldn’t get them out of my mind. They all had various health issues through their life, and I got them through. And maybe that’s what makes their passing more tough, because I just think there must have been something else I could have done, as I’d got them through before. I think a vet said to me that past trauma can affect health, and that it was amazing they’d lived so long after having such a rough start in life, but I’m not sure if they were just saying that to make me feel better.

Billy was also the first piggy who’d learned to jump onto my lap during floor time. The others would come and sniff, or put paws on me, but he would jump up on me because he wanted cuddles and fuss. And it was even more special because he was so wary of me to start with. He also was very affectionate, he liked to lick my hand when he was getting fuss. He was such a lovely little guy.

So sorry for your loss of Billly, especially so soon after losing Ben.
A loss like this reopens the wounds of the first loss so it feels as if you’re grieving for both piggies at the same time.
You filled their lives with love, gave them a second chance and lots of happy todays after their difficult start in life.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve

I'm so sorry for your loss! ((HUGS)) to you. He looks like a lovely piggie.

Back