Biscuit is soooo greedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

I have 4 guinea pigs, 2 females named Biscuit and Flufflya and 2 males named Smidge and Georgy.
But Biscuit is being such a pain!
She has been living on her own for about 6 weeks because we were told she was pregaunt for it 2 turn out 2 b a false alarm. She is very moody and she wont let everyone else into the bedding area without a fight. Smidge, the oldest does fight with her now and he gets in. She sometimes lets Fluffly in but poor Georgy is always getting kicked out. Hes the youngest and smallest! He isnt neutured either. She nicks alot of food off the others too. She never used to do this when she lived with my old guinea pig Coco, woh grew up together but illness took her.
So. any ideas on trying 2 calm down Biscuit?

Abnoba

Reaction score

there is a young, randy board thats not neutered, and you wonder why the miss doesnt want him near her..?
He is probably just annoying her too much!

anyway, what sort of "fighting" do they do? Is it just nipping, mounting, chasing each other, or is actual blood flowing?
if its the former, then no worries, thats normal.

just by the way, why isnt the young boar neutered? are you planning on having babies? if so, are you planning on keeping them all yourself..?

L

lilgalnatalie

:-\hes gonna get neutured in about 3 three weeks! :-\ its only nipping. i hope thats not to bad

Abnoba

Reaction score
I would sit him seperate from the girls then, if I was you.. do you have the space? an additional cage?

if not, whereabouts are you based, maybe someone from the forum is near you and could lend you one?

its just that if you dont really want babies, please please dont let your girls have litters.. there are already so many unwanted piggies out there, all waiting for loving homes, without all those accidental babies...

About the nipping - its normal, mine do it from time to time, they just p*ss each other off sometimes.
Like every animal, they have good moods and bad moods ;) as long as there is no blood flowing, you dont need to be worried.
Although I would suggest you weigh them at least weekly, to monitor if they are losing weight, which can happen if they are TOO stressed. If their weight is normal and stays the same pretty much, and its just a bit of nipping, I wouldnt worry too much.

Oh, another question: do you keep the two girls and two boys together? just thinking that once your little boy gets a bit older, that he and the older boar might start fighting about the two girls...

do you have pictures of them btw? We all love to see cute piggies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.