• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blinking

• Thread starter Deleted member 147427
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 147427

Hi I have noticed that my guinea pig salsa has been blinking. I’m not sure if this is a concern . Her eye dosent seem to look fed . Could this blinking be due to her feeling safe and secure

Piggies blink from time to time, we had a piggy that blinks a lot. Don’t stress it - normal behaviour

Hi I have noticed that my guinea pig salsa has been blinking. I’m not sure if this is a concern . Her eye dosent seem to look fed . Could this blinking be due to her feeling safe and secure

Please see a vet ideally within 24 hours if a guinea pig is blinking constantly and you also notice lots of clear tear fluid. In this case, it is a symptom of a potential injury (eye poke) or something stuck in the eye. Eye injuries can deteriorate very quickly but also heal much ore quickly and problem free if seen very promptly.
Eye cleaning fluid in guinea pigs is milky white; water tear fluid is always a sign of discomfort or irritation in the eye.

Occasional blinking is nothing to worry about (2-3 times a day). If in doubt, please see a vet with a piggy that is blinking a lot.

Please see a vet ideally within 24 hours if a guinea pig is blinking constantly and you also notice lots of clear tear fluid. In this case, it is a symptom of a potential injury (eye poke) or something stuck in the eye. Eye injuries can deteriorate very quickly but also heal much ore quickly and problem free if seen very promptly.
Eye cleaning fluid in guinea pigs is milky white; water tear fluid is always a sign of discomfort or irritation in the eye.

Occasional blinking is nothing to worry about (2-3 times a day). If in doubt, please see a vet with a piggy that is blinking a lot.
I will keep an eye on her and if it gets any
Worse I will contact the vet

Back