blood test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilovepiggies

Well after being told I had to have a blood test 5 months ago ?
I finally went and did it yesterday :o

It wasnt as bad as I thought but I am not in a hurry to go back - I was so stressed.

Not a big deal I know but it was for me!

I

ilovepiggies

the odd thing is no I dont hate needles! I dont like them in me but the needle itself doesnt scare me!

I cant explain what it is I just really dont like it!! :(

lolseh

Reaction score
I don't mind them coz I get frozen when I get it done coz I go to a kids hospital :D I'm helping with research into ME/CFS and they want a blood sample for that so I won't get frozen I don't think :(
I know what you mean by you don't mind them but you don't like them in you coz I was like that with accupuncture :)

Deb

Reaction score
I am a real baby and HATE needles especially when its me that has to have any.! ::)

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Isnt it odd that some of us hate it and some dont mind it

I dont mind needles at all - i used to be a blood donor and now i have regular accupuncture.

Maybe its because the doctor used to give me lollies when i had jabs when younger ;D
Id only get a lolly if i was brave.

S

sgprescue

I am exactly the same. I have no problem injecting animals but when it comes to anyone injecting me I am a whoos ;D I have had to have quite a few blood tests in the last couple of months but I found if I dont watch them doing it I am ok. Its when I watch the needle go in I start to feel faint ::)

S

sgprescue

Billies Mum said:
Isnt it odd that some of us hate it and some dont mind it

I dont mind needles at all - i used to be a blood donor and now i have regular accupuncture.

Maybe its because the doctor used to give me lollies when i had jabs when younger ;D
Id only get a lolly if i was brave.
Lucky you, they gave me a sugar cube and I threw up everywhere ;D ;D ;D

J

Jenni75

I hate needles, it's not so much the needle going in but its the pain side of it. I have really thin veins so they often try both arms about 3 times before they have any success - last time they set loose a trainee nurse on me, ouch doesn't even come close. I nearly walked out after the 5th time of her sticking the needle in the wrong place :(

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You poor lamb! How traumatic

No wonder you feel the way you do

J

Jenni75

I can't say it's the most enjoyable experience ever! Luckily I don't have to go for more than one a year....

It's like when we have the blood bank here and people 'suggest' I go give blood, I have to tell them that its not going to happen unless they want to send me home afterwards because of all the bruising. I gave blood twice before, never again unless they can find another way of taking it.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Don't blame you love - Id be the same

I'm not very good with wasps

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Needles are fine :)

I give blood three times a year.

I also have regular bloods done for my anaemia.

And I like having anaesthetic ;D ;D ;D

J

Jenni75

You odd person Lucinda ;D

Seriously I wouldn't mind and I'd happily give blood if it didn't hurt so much everytime they tried to catch my vein!

Same as my OH Billies Mum - he hates wasps! But I get rid of them for him cos he gets rid of spiders for me!

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lucinda said:
Needles are fine :)

I give blood three times a year.

I also have regular bloods done for my anaemia.

And I like having anaesthetic ;D ;D ;D
Which bit of anaesthetic is it that you like?

Ive only ever had one and I was very scared

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I have got use to blood tests over the years with my health problems, I have about 8 a year or more, last one last monday was 12 yes 12 bottles I asked to just cut off my arm, I much prefer them taking it out then putting it in, flu jab on wednesday was fine but anything else makes me think if it really is what they say is in it, hubby got me thinking of this twit that he is apparently in China people were given anti freeze and many died in a mix up, :o :o what a mix up, but it made me think, I would donate blood but my health prevents it,

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anaesthetics - well i work with 55 anaesthetists and I have had two anaesthetics myself. Each time I chose my fave to look after me. I just love watching the Midazolan and propofol go in (the drugs that make you black out before you are intubated and the gas goes in) and I love the feeling of being there then not being.

Ok, I'm odd. :)

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lucinda you make me ;D

I had morphine for the first time not long ago & felt like i'd been embalmed :o

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Jenni75 said:
I hate needles, it's not so much the needle going in but its the pain side of it. I have really thin veins so they often try both arms about 3 times before they have any success - last time they set loose a trainee nurse on me, ouch doesn't even come close. I nearly walked out after the 5th time of her sticking the needle in the wrong place :(
I have thin veins too jenni, i can't stand the tapping on my arm, makes me want to pass out, so i have blood taken with a butterfly from either the back of my hand, my wrist (if they'll do it) or they follow the vein from my wrist up my thumb & generally, as long as i watch, i don't feel a thing. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.