• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boar dynamics?

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Very confused tonight as docile quiet pig Ozzy is now the one mounting and chasing Bruno! I’m kind of worried as Bruno is a very dominant pig. Anyone else had this happen with boar pair?

Update on this, had to put the divider in as it looked like it might have escalated badly if I didn’t, it’s ozzy trying to get to Bruno through the bars, very very weird to see ozzy acting this way

A little over a year, I’d say right where their hormones are flying everywhere, just very surprised at ozzy, he’s never had a dominant bone in his body! I think he might just be feeling the testosterone tonight? Honestly hope it’s a one off, Bruno won’t settle for being bottom pig :(

Update on this, had to put the divider in as it looked like it might have escalated badly if I didn’t, it’s ozzy trying to get to Bruno through the bars, very very weird to see ozzy acting this way

I hope that it is just a strong sudden hormone spike. Adult boars can still get them (even neutered boars) but they tend to settle down again within a couple of days. A well bonded boar pair will go back together again as if nothing had happened when they are reintroduced again on neutral ground.
Bonds In Trouble

I hope that it is just a strong sudden hormone spike. Adult boars can still get them (even neutered boars) but they tend to settle down again within a couple of days. A well bonded boar pair will go back together again as if nothing had happened when they are reintroduced again on neutral ground.
Bonds In Trouble

really do hope this is the case as well, would it be ok to introduce them in their floor time area when they’ve calmed down? It’s just on the floor of our other room, with their hideys and tunnels on the ground

really do hope this is the case as well, would it be ok to introduce them in their floor time area when they’ve calmed down? It’s just on the floor of our other room, with their hideys and tunnels on the ground

That is fine. I would remove any hideys and tunnels at first, though. You will see very quickly whether they are happy to be back together or whether there is some serious aggro going on.

That is fine. I would remove any hideys and tunnels at first, though. You will see very quickly whether they are happy to be back together or whether there is some serious aggro going on.

thank you for your advice! At the moment Bruno is happy doing his own thing and ozzys going mad at the bars, time out was definitely the best decision

Back