• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boar glue 😔

Prasiddha

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor Icy.. brownie has put his boar glue on icy's back. Icy's hair become tangled to a bunch with white cement like thing stuck. I tried cleaning with warm water and soap. He just started crying loudly. Poor boy. I was forced to cut of his hair in the affected area. Is there any way I can stop brownie doing this to Icy. Brownie is icy's son. Brownie 4 months old. Icy 9 months old.

This is why i only have girls.....

You will find that the glue in their hair will disapear is quicklu as it apears.

Theo left boar glue in my hair after I had been letting Lady Puggle sit on my shoulder... its just a natural thing that boys do!

Sadly there is nothing you can do to stop boar glue or to stop Brownie from mating with Icy as it’s normal dominant behaviour
That's sad .. I don't want to cut more hair from Icy.. :td:

I adopted Icy thinking he is a girl. But fluffy and Icy mated and gave birth to lot of boys and girls :doh: but I just love them all ... Especially boys who are super crazy and mischievous :drool:
Our friends have boars and they are so much more cuddly than our ladies..

This boar glue issue is increase day by day. Icy's son brownie (4.5 months old) humps his dad every now and then. Icy has no issues with that and he is very happily living with his son. He never struggle or fights back when brownie involves in this action. But every morning I see glued fur on the back of icy (just above his grease gland). I let it go past two days thinking it will stop soon. And also let me wait till the hair grows little longer so I cut it. But that affected area is just having more glue everyday. Is there any permanent solution to get ready of this messy situation. I pity icy I just love his white fur. But now he is just having mated hair due to his son's glue.

I'm afraid there really isn’t anything you can do to stop it.

It’s just natural and not his son being nasty.

:agr:
Awful stuff, had to give Tom a buzz cut as I just couldn't get Mini's deposits off him any other way!

Back